Dynamic InputFile schema and Dynamic Table creation

Dynamic InputFile schema and Dynamic Table creation

Hi All,
I am new to Talend and given challenge where one of our client will send Inputfile which is dynamic in structure (no of columns and Datatypes are dynamic). I have to get the file and create a table dynamically for the inputfile.
Is there anyway to create a Talend Job which takes source as dynamic file schema and creates target table dynamically?
A Swift responce will be very glad.
Please let me know if my requirement is not clear.
Thanks,
Archana Laddagiri
email:laddagiri.archana@gmail.com
One Star

Re: Dynamic InputFile schema and Dynamic Table creation

Hi,
Use below flow-
tfileInputDelimited- > tmap -> DB component (tOracleOutput in case DB is oracle).
In the schema of tfileInputDelimited define only one column and datatype as 'Dynamic'. Copy the same flow till DB component and select option 'Create tbale if doesnot exist' from the drop down 'Action on Table' in DB component.

Hi,
The given solution works with Talend Commercial/Enterprise edition,but we are working with TalendOpenStudio (TOS).
Is any component/workaround there in TOS?
Thanks,
Archana Laddagiri

Hi,
Talend provides community user with a free trial of Talend Data Integration Product.
You can download it freely from:https://info.talend.com/prodevaltedi.html?_ga=1.203997008.1751069238.1426242863
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

Thanks Sabrina,
But in DB, I am able to see single column instead of 2 columns.
my file is
id,name
100,abc
101,xyz
102,zzz
my target in SQLservrDB should be 2 columns as id and name. but I got table with single column as
id;name
100;abc
101;xyz
102;zzz
here by Iam attaching the scrrenshots of my job
is there any properties had I overlooked?
Thanks,
Archana Laddagiri
One Star

Looks like your file field delimiter is set incorrectly.

Thanks janhess2,
I have corrected my file properties and it worked. ( in tfileinputdelimiter I have changed the fieldseperator from "," to ";")
BUT I am looking for any possibilities with Talend Open Studio version.
Please share your inputs.
Thanks,
Archana Laddagiri

Hi Archana Laddagiri,
With talend open studio, you have to define the schema structure (names, types, and number of columns) during design to load your input file.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.