Duplicate in result

Six Stars

Duplicate in result

Hi
I have a main flow with 3927 records, 4 lookup flows with 1390,621,498,170 records respectively I am doing left outer join in tmap but result of tmap am getting 4648 records instead of 3927 ideally what can be the issue as per my understanding it can't be more than 3927 as we did left outer join, I can see 721 duplicate entries, I am not able to figure it out what issue can be exactly please help out here

Thanks,
Murala

Accepted Solutions
Thirteen Stars

Re: Duplicate in result

@muralam,since you can restrict at source side to eliminate duplicates while featching from Lookups and other other one you can change the Match Model from All matches  to First matche to get First record or  Unique match to get the Last mached record.

If you use Fist or Unique match you wil get only 3927 .records.

Manohar B

All Replies
Ten Stars

An outer join doesnt determine unique records yes or no... it just states you want everything from the 'left; matching & nonmatching values . Just behavior as expected. However it is possible to do this in tMap to get a first / unique match. 
Maybe this helps:  https://help.talend.com/reader/4sGi6uta35W98meBu6klVg/~1Q8eE0O0Ru1ZGqty7lcJg

Thirteen Stars

@muralam,since you can restrict at source side to eliminate duplicates while featching from Lookups and other other one you can change the Match Model from All matches  to First matche to get First record or  Unique match to get the Last mached record.

If you use Fist or Unique match you wil get only 3927 .records.

Manohar B
Thirteen Stars

@muralam,still do you have this issue?

Manohar B