Driver not found (see installation guide for more information)

One Star

Driver not found (see installation guide for more information)

i am trying to install the talend 6 on Ubuntu server Java (Jre)1.7.80 has been installed, when i am trying to fill in the parameters in is not working, not sure why, also i tried to find the document for installation on Ubuntu server but could not found any.
error screenshot is attached.

Employee

Re: Driver not found (see installation guide for more information)

You will need a Java 8 JDK. Are you using the installer?
Thomas Steinborn
VP Product Management
One Star

should i use the open JDK ver 8 or java JDK ver 8, i used apt-get to install java ealier. thanks for your reply.

Hi,
So far, talend don't support for Open JDK.
TalendHelpCenter:Requiring a JDK installation to build jobs starting from version 6.0
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

we used ppa:webupd8team/java repo to install Java8
# apt-get install oracle-java8-installer
readlink -f $(which java)
/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/bin/java
# java -version
java version "1.8.0_60"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_60-b27)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.60-b23, mixed mode)
this is the java version i have now, but the error is still there..it still says driver not found (see installation guide for more information)
One Star

can anyone please look at this..

Hi,
Have you ever placed required modules in
<TomcatPath>/webapps/org.talend.administrator/WEB-INF/lib?
Could you please take a look the document about:TalendHelpCenter:Configuring the Studio?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

no, i didn't download any modules, i just unzip the Talend-AdministrationCentre to webapps, i am installing on Ubuntu and the link you provided me is for windows.
could you please give me more specific details how can i download which modules for Ubuntu ?

Hi,
Are you using Talend installer to install your product?
Have you already reported a ticket on Talend Support Portal(https://support.talend.com/otrs/customer.pl)?
 In this way, we can give you a remote assistance.
The link I provided is the installation guide which is for both Windows and Linux. Have you tried to place mysql jdbc driver jar file into TomcatPath>/webapps/org.talend.administrator/WEB-INF/lib to see if it works?(The error message indicates that Tac cannot find this mysql jdbc driver)
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

thank you Xdshi..!!! it worked,  i copied the mysql-connector-java-5.1.22-bin.jar to /org.talend.administrator/WEB-INF/lib and restart the tomcat it worked.
now when i am trying to log administrator centre with default admin@company.com and admin password it says unknow user
when i look at configuration.properties file in /org.talend.administrator/WEB-INF/classes, it look ok to me... could you please help ? 
###############################################################
# DEFAULT ADMIN ACCOUNT PARAMETERS
###############################################################
install.defaultaccount.login=admin@company.com
install.defaultaccount.password=oV***********Mrg==,Encrypt
install.defaultaccount.firstname=admin
install.defaultaccount.lastname=admin
install.defaultaccount.type=DI
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
I was working on the same issue as reported by Vijay and it's a follow up question so is it a bug in the Taland 6 as the org.talend.administrator-6.0.1.war was downloaded straight from the Talend download page, which this mission module. We are in the process of automating Talend configuration (using puppet) and need to know this extra work has to go in the process or will be fixed in the future release. Bast!

Hi vijay_chopra,
now when i am trying to log administrator centre with default admin@company.com and admin password it says unknow user
when i look at configuration.properties file in /org.talend.administrator/WEB-INF/classes, it look ok to me... could you please help

?
Would you mind reporting a ticket on Talend Support Portal so that we can give you a remote assistance through support cycle with priority?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi MacUsers, did you eventually get this admin@company default password issue resolved? 
Warmest regards,
Wosa