Downloading files using BOX API

Four Stars

Downloading files using BOX API

Hi Team,

I am trying to download file via BOX API.

Through Box API I am able to get access token when I do a post request.

But when I am trying to download file from the folder path which I gave it is throwing error as below:BOX.PNG

[INFO ]: 2017-04-26 12:36:56,532 enterprise_big_data.call_box_api_0_1.Call_Box_API - TalendJob: 'Call_Box_API' - Start.
[statistics] connecting to socket on port 3382
[statistics] connected
[INFO ]: 2017-04-26 12:36:56,610 enterprise_big_data.call_box_api_0_1.Call_Box_API - tBoxConnection_1 - Start to work
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:
The method getBoxFolderRecursively(List<String>, BoxFolder, BoxClient) is undefined for the type Call_Box_API

at enterprise_big_data.call_box_api_0_1.Call_Box_API.tBoxGet_1Process(Call_Box_API.java:758)
at enterprise_big_data.call_box_api_0_1.Call_Box_API.tBoxConnection_1Process(Call_Box_API.java:660)
at enterprise_big_data.call_box_api_0_1.Call_Box_API.runJobInTOS(Call_Box_API.java:1221)
at enterprise_big_data.call_box_api_0_1.Call_Box_API.main(Call_Box_API.java:1055)

Any help is much appreciated.

Rahul

Highlighted
Six Stars PK
Six Stars

Re: Downloading files using BOX API

Hi All,

I also have similar requirement to get the data from box.Can anyone help on this please.

Regards

PK

Tags (1)
Four Stars

Re: Downloading files using BOX API

I haven't been able to successfully pull data from Box API v2 using the tBoxConnection. In your example are you using a developer access_token? Or is the tBoxConnection component working for you? What I ended up doing was creating a JWT subjob that signs a JWT payload and handles the authentication. Then I just use tRest components to request various endpoints listed here https://developer.box.com/reference. I am assuming that tBoxConnection has not been updated to work with Box API v2. Can anyone confirm this?

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Agile Data lakes & Analytics

Accelerate your data lake projects with an agile approach

Watch

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch