Download zip file from FTP

Four Stars

Download zip file from FTP

Hi all,
How can i download a zip file from ftp to a local directory using Talend.I tried a sample job with 3 components- tFTPConnection,tFTPFileList  and tFTPGet.The job is executing without any error.But no file is downloaded to local directory.Please help.
Thanks,
Sreedevi

Re: Download zip file from FTP

Hi Sreedevi,
Did you set "Filemask" in tFtpFileList component? You can enter the filename or filemask using wildcharacters (*) or regular expressions.
Have you  checked the related scenario in component reference:TalendHelpCenter:tFTPFileList
Is there any error message printed on console when check out "Die on error" option in component tFtpGet?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi Sabrina,
Thanks for the reply.I tried the job by applying filemask.I could download a CSV file from ftp.My requirement is to download a zip file.So i changed the filemask as "*.zip" and run the job.But zip file is not downloaded.Do we need to apply any special setting in any of the components for downloading zip file rather than csv.
Thanks,
Sreedevi

Hi,
Is there any error message printed on console when check out "Die on error" option in component tFtpGet?
Could you please show us your job setting screenshots?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi Sabrina,
I got it working.I changed the filemask with the exact file name.I think the issue was in setting filemask.Thanks for your support.
Thanks,
Sreedevi

Hi,
Great it is fixed. Feel free to let us know if there is any further help we can give.
Best regards
Sabrina
--

Hi Sreedevi,
Did you set "Filemask" in tFtpFileList component? You can enter the filename or filemask using wildcharacters (*) or regular expressions.
Have you  checked the related scenario in component reference:TalendHelpCenter:tFTPFileList
Best regards
Sabrina
--

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

APIs for Dummies

View this on-demand webinar about APIs....

Watch Now