Four Stars

Downgrade from TOS 6.4.1 to 5.1.3

Hi everyone,

First of all, I am very new on Talend Open Studio.

I created jobs on my development plateform with TOS 6.4.1 under JRE 1.8 but the destination platform has TOS 5.1.3 under JRE 1.6.

When compiling, it get the following error :

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: [...] : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0

Is there a way to solve it without changing components version on the destination plateform ?

And of course, without recreating everything..

Many thanks,

3 REPLIES

Re: Downgrade from TOS 6.4.1 to 5.1.3

Hello,

Actually, this problem is usually caused by  "a higher JDK during compile time and lower JDK during runtime".

Could you upgrade your JDK on your destination platform to see if it works?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hello Sabrina,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, I would like to avoid this workaround because this is a production plateform and it is a bit sensitive.

I have seen answers like "upgrade JDK", "rebuild everyhting", etc but I wanted to know if there was a way to "migrate" my jobs from a version to another, lower.

Regards,

Kevin

Fifteen Stars

This post might help, but it is NOT supported and you should back up your work before doing this (https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/Importing-a-job-with-a-higher-version-number/...).

Rilhia Solutions