Six Stars

Does tredshiftconnection use SSL?

When using redshift client tool, such as Aginity Workbench, you have option to choose SSL mode. I cannot find such option in tredshiftconnection properties. Can I assume that tredshiftconnection doesn't open redshift connection over SSL? Is it possible to do it in talend?
Thanks,
9 REPLIES

Re: Does tredshiftconnection use SSL?

Hi,
Here is a new feature jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-32607
As a workaround, have you tried to add ?ssl=true (and other parameters) to the database string to see if it works?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Hi Sabrina,
Thank you for your reply. 
* I config "DB connections" in Metadata. When choosing DB type as Redshift, I try to add ?ssl=true into "String of Connection", it removes it once I click save. Do you mean I need to manually edit the Jave file?
* Following the link instruction, I can add SSL into "String of Connection" while choosing DB type a postgresql. However, I cannot use this set-up in tredshiftconnection .
* I need to create DB connection with tredshiftconnection , since I need to use COPY to load data into redshift. Direct insert will be too slow. 

Does it mean in my case there is no workaround to use redshift over SSL, other than waiting for the patch?

Kind Regards,
Bin

Hi,
So far, there is no SSL or a JDBC additional parameters attribute in component setting.
You need to create the connection string(String of Connection) by hand to include SSL. What's the build version you are using?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Hi 
"You need to create the connection string(String of Connection) by hand to include SSL. "
How to do it by hand? Do you mean generate it to a JAVA file and modify it directly? 
What's the build version you are using?
Version: 6.1.1 Build id: 20151214_1327
Thanks,
Bin

Hi,
Here is "String of Connection" on the DB connection page in metadata. You can try  to add ?ssl=true (and other parameters) to the database string.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Were you able to connect to redshift with ssl=true settings ?
I tried changing the connection string but no luck.

Hi ManasChaudhary,
What's the error message you are facing when  connect to redshift with ssl=true settings?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Two Stars

I am having the similar issue. can someone help me?redshift.PNG

Hello,

Please make sure you use this example string

"?ssl=true&sslfactory=com.amazon.redshift.ssl.NonValidatingFactory" . On which talend build version you got this issue?

You are more than welcome to 'follow' the jira TDI-32281 so you can be notified when it is placed on the roadmap for release.  Link to JIRA: https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-32281

Best regards

Sabrina

--