Does anybody have an example of a job using tESBConsumer?

One Star

Does anybody have an example of a job using tESBConsumer?

I have not found a single example on the product download, on this site or searching google. It might be straightforward, but I have not been able to make it work - even testing with the default Weather service -.
I would appreciate any small example.
Thanks,
Alberto
Employee

Re: Does anybody have an example of a job using tESBConsumer?

Hello Alberto,
You can check this screencast:
http://www.screenr.com/0kHs
Usually the complex part of consumer scenario is to compose the XML request and parse the XML response. You can use tXMLMap component for that.
Renat
Employee

Hi,
You should also check out the Talend_ESB_SE_Components_RG_42a_EN.pdf documentation. It gives more details on the tESB components.

Cheers
Ciaran
One Star

Hi Zubairov and Ciaran,
Thanks for your replies. It is a bit difficult to grasp the Hows and Whats from a Reference manual. That is why Zubairov's videos are so great !! I just had to follow them and now I am creating my own - small and "toy-ish" - services. Thanks a lot !
As Zubairov mentions, once you clear the first hurdle, the difficult part is composing the XML for the Requests and the Responses. Regrettably on this release there are no samples for all the XML components in TALENDSDEMOJAVA project. Hopefully someone from TOS - or the TESB Smiley Happy - team will follow Zubairov's lead and make a few screencasts.
Thanks for a great product !
Alberto