Does Talend Open Studio support Oracle 12c?

One Star

Four Stars

Re: Does Talend Open Studio support Oracle 12c?

Yes,
Are you facing any issues for connectivity?
thanks
vaibhav
One Star

Hi,
I'm also having the same question. Does Talend support Oracle 12c version. I'm using Talend Open Studio for Data Integration version 5.4.1. In creating database connection DB Type does not contain Oracle 12 option in the drop down list. I selected Oracle 11 as the DB Type and the connection was created successfully, but there is a warning showing on the 'Database Connection' window saying ' Version detected on server is "ORACLE 12". Will there be any issues in further operations while proceeding with this.
Thanks and Regards,
Asanka.

Hi,
Can you connect to Oracle 12c through selecting a Oracle 11-6 database in Talend Open Studio 5.4.1?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi Asanka,
Try connecting with existing version to Oracle inside metadata or you can also try using JDBC option and use latest JDBC jar for Oracle 12.
https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Setting+up+a+JDBC+connection&content-lang=en
Thanks
Vaibhav
One Star

Hi Sabrina and Vaibhav
Thank you very much for your quick reply. 
I selected Oracle 11 as the DB Type and the connection was created successfully with Oracle 12c DBMS, but there is a warning showing on the 'Database Connection' window saying ' Version detected on server is "ORACLE 12". Will there be any issues in further operations while proceeding with this?
Thanks and Regards,
Asanka. 

Hi,
This feature(support for 12 c) is under processing. https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-29752
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Thank you for the information. I'll keep in touch with this.
Thanks and Regards,
Asanka.