Four Stars

Do talend S3 components use an encrypted connection?

Do the talend S3 components (S3_Connection, S3_Get, S3_Put, etc.) use an encrypted (TLS) connection to S3? I've looked through the code and cannot explicitly see anything for encryption 'in transit' and there's nothing in the components to enable/disable it.

In addition, if for some reason, a component cannot establish a secure connection does it 'fall back' to an unencrypted connection or does it error instead?

Thanks in advance for any info.

• Data Integration
3 REPLIES

Re: Do talend S3 components use an encrypted connection?

Hello,

Here is "Encrypt" option in tS3XXX components which is used to encrypt the data on the client-side before sending to Amazon S3.

For more information, please see:http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/dev/UsingClientSideEncryption.html

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Can i encrypt the S3 conncetion details and give as a context to S3 component in Talend.As i dnt want to expose the S3 connection details to the people who run /dev jobs in talend to have a restricted access.

Four Stars

When you say "Here is "Encrypt" option in tS3XXX components..." where exactly are you referring to? Did you mean to post a link or screenshot of the component? (Your other link is the default documentation from AWS which doesn't explain anything about what talend does when connecting).

Thanks.