Do talend S3 components use an encrypted connection?

Four Stars

Do talend S3 components use an encrypted connection?

Do the talend S3 components (S3_Connection, S3_Get, S3_Put, etc.) use an encrypted (TLS) connection to S3? I've looked through the code and cannot explicitly see anything for encryption 'in transit' and there's nothing in the components to enable/disable it.

In addition, if for some reason, a component cannot establish a secure connection does it 'fall back' to an unencrypted connection or does it error instead?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Re: Do talend S3 components use an encrypted connection?

Hello,

Here is "Encrypt" option in tS3XXX components which is used to encrypt the data on the client-side before sending to Amazon S3.

For more information, please see:http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/dev/UsingClientSideEncryption.html

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Can i encrypt the S3 conncetion details and give as a context to S3 component in Talend.As i dnt want to expose the S3 connection details to the people who run /dev jobs in talend to have a restricted access.

Four Stars

When you say "Here is "Encrypt" option in tS3XXX components..." where exactly are you referring to? Did you mean to post a link or screenshot of the component? (Your other link is the default documentation from AWS which doesn't explain anything about what talend does when connecting).

Thanks.

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch

Downloads and Trials

Test drive Talend's enterprise products.

Downloads

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Download