Difference between TAC and TIC -any idea about TAC is acive or its only for older version

Highlighted
Six Stars

Difference between TAC and TIC -any idea about TAC is acive or its only for older version

HI Team ,

We had requirement of enterprise version --I heard from my friend that now Talend enterprise version -- the scheduler is TIC instead of TAC  and TAC is only for lower version i.e. 5.6 to 6.4 and from 6.5 onwards scheduler is TIC which will help to publish or schedule the code on cloud.. so need confirmation on this can we use TAC with 6.5 version .. from 6.5 onwards its only TIC

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Difference between TAC and TIC -any idea about TAC is acive or its only for older version

Hi,

TIC (Talend Integration Cloud) was the shortform used for Cloud version of Talend. From Version 7, the name has been changed to Talend Cloud.

TAC was the name of the scheduler used for on-premise versions of Talend. For Talend Cloud Product, the name of scheduler is called Talend Management Console. My recommendation will be to go for the latest cloud version of Talend for your Data Integration requirements. 

You can also verify other version 7 flavors of Talend based on your requirements. Please refer the link below to know more about each products.

https://www.talend.com/products/

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Employee

Re: Difference between TAC and TIC -any idea about TAC is acive or its only for older version

Hi Mohini,

The TAC will be there for all the on-premise products (including version 7).

TIC was the short form used for cloud version of Talend and now it is called Talend Cloud (I is no longer there). The job scheduler in Talend Cloud is called Talend Management Console (TMC).

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Highlighted
Employee

Hi,

You can do a 30 day trial of Talend Cloud to get more idea how it simplifies your work compared to on-premise version.

https://www.talend.com/download/integration-cloud-get-started/

Please refer the above link for more details.

Happy programming in Talend :-)

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

All Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Hi,

TIC (Talend Integration Cloud) was the shortform used for Cloud version of Talend. From Version 7, the name has been changed to Talend Cloud.

TAC was the name of the scheduler used for on-premise versions of Talend. For Talend Cloud Product, the name of scheduler is called Talend Management Console. My recommendation will be to go for the latest cloud version of Talend for your Data Integration requirements. 

You can also verify other version 7 flavors of Talend based on your requirements. Please refer the link below to know more about each products.

https://www.talend.com/products/

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Highlighted
Six Stars

thanks for quick update .

You mean to say  TIC and TAC both are same having different name with respect to scheduler.

TAC is renamed as TIC from 7.0 version please confirm. 

TIC - has new feature added in it ,that we can publish our code even with cloud i.e Talend Integration cloud

Please confirm above points . thanks  

Highlighted
Employee

Hi Mohini,

TIC was the short form used for cloud version of Talend and now it is called Talend Cloud (I is no longer there). The job scheduler in Talend Cloud is called Talend Management Console (TMC).

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Highlighted
Six Stars

THank you thank you
Highlighted
Six Stars

Biggggggggggggg Thanks Smiley Happy

@nikhilthampi wrote:

Hi Mohini,

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Highlighted
Employee

Hi,

You can do a 30 day trial of Talend Cloud to get more idea how it simplifies your work compared to on-premise version.

https://www.talend.com/download/integration-cloud-get-started/

Please refer the above link for more details.

Happy programming in Talend :-)

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

2019 GARTNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

Talend Cloud Developer Series - Introduction

The Talend Cloud Developer Series was created to give you a solid foundational understanding of Talend’s Cloud Integration Platform

Watch Now

Talend Cloud Available on Microsoft Azure

An integration platform-as-a-serviceto help enterprises collect, govern, transform, and share data from any data sources

Watch Now

Self-service Talend Migration: Moving from On-Premises to the Cloud

Move from On-Premises to the Cloud by following the advice of experts

Read Now