Defining Talend Job in DI to convert an input json to an output json

Highlighted
Six Stars

Defining Talend Job in DI to convert an input json to an output json

I am new to TOS-DI ( or Talend itself ).  I am tasked with using Talend to convert / map a fairly complicated input JSON to a fairly complicated output JSON that also adds some attributes - like uuid - that are not in output json.  I will be able to have AVRO schemata for both the input and output, if that will help in defining the mappings.

I just started with Talend - just this week - and reading up on different approaches and components.  I think i will have to use tfileinputjson and tfileoutputjson.   I also found a tJsonDoc component but haven't found an example yet, that I can just create in my TOS-DI and run.

Can anyone suggest  best approach for me to use, so I can learn more about those components rather than trying to learn the complete set of components at the start of my learning journey.

Any help / guidance will be appreciated.

Thanks

Highlighted
Employee

Re: Defining Talend Job in DI to convert an input json to an output json

Hi,

Below links will provide component details and sample scenarios for JSON conversion.

https://help.talend.com/reader/gipKY4Y491d6Wufr98AEiw/p1QdrNyau3M4OYePL2OlpQ

https://help.talend.com/reader/LNO9Tqm8svZQklRyXL8OYw/e_8p6JjSNgXjcaSyWdvlwg

If you are using Enterprise version of Talend, you can also think about using Talend Data Mapper Product to do the mappings.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved

2019 GARTNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Migrate Data from one Database to another with one Job using the Dynamic Schema

Find out how to migrate from one database to another using the Dynamic schema

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog