Decrypting files using tgpgdecrypt without prompting the passphrase

Six Stars

Decrypting files using tgpgdecrypt without prompting the passphrase

Hi Guys,

I have been using the tGPGdecrypt component to decrypt certain files. But when I run the job, a pinentry window will pop-out that will prompt for passphrase in each file. I have also tried closing the GPG4WIN Kleopatra(what I used for encryption) when running the job but it is still the same to no avail. So when the job is somehow automated, it will be of no use to enter the passphrase for each file. My question is this, is there a way to run a job using tGPGdecrypt component without passphrase prompt? 

As I was researching in talendforge I also found that this is not the first time that has occured. There is a topic I found in the forum who has a very similar situation to me:

https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/GPG-decrypt/m-p/107860

We almost have the same problem and although there is a solution for it(proposed by Jeff Stoerner) in the thread, I cant seem to figure out what it means by "creating a config file" and "add the parameter 'batch' to the config file" and wether this is applicable in a windows environment?(cause in the solution he was running in redhat). So I'm kinda stuck again.

I am using Talend for Big Data ver 6.0.1

My encryption/decryption software is GPG4win 2.3.0 which has a kleopatra 2.2 component

Anyways, any help would be gladly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Locke
Six Stars

Re: Decrypting files using tgpgdecrypt without prompting the passphrase

Hello Everyone,

I'm just reiterating this post, hope someone can help me on this

Anyways, 

Thanks
Seven Stars

Re: Decrypting files using tgpgdecrypt without prompting the passphrase

You may be able to smuggle the parameters in the field where you put the gpg binary like "C:/gpg4win/bin/gpg2 --batch --yes --passphrase mysecret" if not, you can use a tSystem to call it with additional command line params. 

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

APIs for Dummies

View this on-demand webinar about APIs....

Watch Now

6 Ways to Start Utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Look at6 ways to start utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Blog

Why Companies Move to the Cloud: 7 Success Stories

Learn how and why companies are moving to the Cloud

Read Now