Six Stars

Dealing with schemas in TOS subjobs - other options and suggestions

TOS does not support dynamic schema, so I often find myself creating jobs where I pass a parameter to a subjob and then use an "IF" connector to branch to a chain of components that use that specific schema.  an example would be:

If schema "A" --> tfileinputdelimited ---> bulkout  ----> bulkloadstaging --->  prune --->  bulkloadwarehouse

rejects ----> tfileoutput ---> die

If schema "B" --> tfileinputdelimited ---> bulkout  ----> bulkloadstaging --->  prune --->  bulkloadwarehouse

rejects ----> tfileoutput ---> die

etc....

This makes it easier for me to build out the job but I end up with dozens of "IF" statements and a very big job.  Building a separate subjob for each "IF" would work but changes would be a pain.

What are others doing that use TOS?  Is there anything better?

3 REPLIES

Re: Dealing with schemas in TOS subjobs - other options and suggestions

Hello,

Talend provides user with a 30-day free trial of talend data integration solution.

You can download it freely from:https://info.talend.com/trial-talend-data-integration.html?type=productspage&_ga=2.66496935.88664020...

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Thanks for the replay but I'm stuck with TOS for now...  Any other best practices for this?

It would be nice if there was a component like t(yourDB)Connection, then for your DB components you can check "Use and existing connection" and refer back your DB connect component. 

If I could define the schema to be used at the start of a subjob, and then refer to it with checkbox "Use an existing schema" in my data components that would be a big help.  Then I would only have to change the schema in one place in a subjob, instead of in every component....  It's not dynamic but an improvement.

Hello,

billimmer wrote:

It would be nice if there was a component like t(yourDB)Connection, then for your DB components you can check "Use and existing connection" and refer back your DB connect component. 

Here are DB components, such as MySql, Oracle DB with "Use and existing connection" option. Not sure if it is what you are looking for. More information will be preferred.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.