Db Connection passwords don't seem to save.

One Star

Db Connection passwords don't seem to save.

After creating a connection and verifying that everything is correct using the check button, I try and retrieve the schema for the database only to be greeted with an error message.
Using a MySql connection I get:
Connection failure, check the database settings or contact your database administrator.
java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Using MSSql:
Connection failure, check the database settings or contact your database administrator.
Impossible to initialize the connection !
Naturally I go back and check the database settings using edit connection, without changing anything I hit check and also receive the above error messages. This is resolved when I re-enter the passwords, I click finish and try retrieving the schema again but I receive the same errors and the problem just starts again.
Any insight would be appreciated.

Re: Db Connection passwords don't seem to save.

Hi,
What talend production build version are you using?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I have tried with both v5.3.1 and v5.1.1.

Hi,
I have tested it on talend open studio for Data Integration using MySql and MSSQL, everything is fine.
Are your DB in localhost or server? Did you follow the document TalendHelpCenterSmiley Frustratedetting up a DB connection to set up DB connection?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Both databases are local, and I have also tried using both the 64bit and 32bit executables for both versions.
I have been using the zipped versions of talend. Currently I am downloading the executable installer to see if I get different results.

Hi,
What's your unzipper? like WinRAR or 7zip?
1) Use the manual install zip file 'TalendOpenStudioProduct.zip' instead of 'TalendOpenStudioProduct-windows-installer.exe'
2) Unzip it with 7-Zip/WinRAR, not with Windows Explorer
3) Unzip it to a root drive, e.g. 'C:\Talend-Open-Studio-DI-5.3.1\studio\', (without spaces in path names).
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Looks like I have found the problem, thank you for your support.
Both my database passwords contained a period (.), on a hunch I changed them to just use alphanumeric characters and lo and behold it worked.

Hi,
It is great! Thanks for your feedback. Feel free post your issue on forum.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi all,
I'm also facing  same problem to connect mysql Database.
User: raja.reddy
Error: "Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
  java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'raja.reddy'@'50.60.70.80' (using password:Yes)"
Thanks in Advance.
Regards,
kumar.talend

Hi kumar.talend,

On which official version did you get that?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Thank you Sabrina,
I have installed Talend Open Studio Big Data v5.6.1.
Regards,
kumar.talend

Hi kumar.talend,
The DB connection is Ok with you?
Is there any backslashes or period in your password?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Password doesn't have any backslashes or period But User name have period(.).This will causes the issues?
I'm unable to establishing connection b/w Talend and Mysql.
Thanks,
Kumar

Hi kumar.talend,
Does this issue repro on other studios(5.5.1...)? Have you tried to connect your MySql DB successfully without using Talend tool?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Previous we are used PostgreSql DB,I didn't get any DB connect issues with Pg DB, we are using MySql for new project.
I'm able to access MySql DB using MySQL Community Server.
Thanks,
Kumar

Hi kumar,
We will take a testing on Talend Open Studio Big Data v5.6.1 to see if this issue repro then come back to you asap.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Thank you Sabrina,
Regards,
kumar