Date being passed differently then format

One Star

Date being passed differently then format

I am reading in a file and setting a date field to Date with a format of MM/dd/yyyy and then using the tMap component I am mapping to my schema as a Date with the format yyyy-MM-dd.  I am then passing this transformed data through tLog and into a tRestClient component.  When the tRestClient component goes to POST the data it is changing the format and causing an error.  Why is Talend changing the data on POST and how do I keep and enforce the yyyy-MM-dd format?
Here is the tLog and tRestClient outputs.
connecting to socket on port 4058
connected
AG1177004|DEA|MedAssests|Georgia Baptist Medical Center|300 Blvd NE||Atlanta|GA|30311|Clinic|1997-09-05|||Clinic
: org.apache.cxf.interceptor.LoggingOutInterceptor - Outbound Message
---------------------------
ID: 1
Address:
Http-Method: POST
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
Headers: {Content-Type=, Accept=, =[]}
Payload: gid=AG1177004&gid_type=EA&gpo=MedAssests&name=Georgia+Baptist+Medical+Center&address1=300+Blvd+NE&address2=+&city=Atlanta&state=GA&zip=30311&gpo_cot=Clinic&cis_cot=+&start_dt=Fri+Sep+05+00%3A00%3A00+EDT+1997&end_dt=1900-01-01
--------------------------------------
: org.apache.cxf.interceptor.LoggingInInterceptor - Inbound Message
----------------------------
ID: 1
Response-Code: 400
Encoding: ISO-8859-1
Content-Type: application/json
Headers: {connection=, Content-Length=, content-type=, Date=, Server=}
Payload: {
    "message": {
        "start_dt": "time data 'Fri Sep 05 00:00:00 EDT 1997' does not match format '%Y-%m-%d'"
    }
}
--------------------------------------

Re: Date being passed differently then format

Hi briggleman,
Could you please show us your current job design screenshots?
On which official version did you get that ?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.