Database repository

One Star

Database repository

Hi everybody,
How to store talend repository on a local database (example: MySQL), is that possible?
thanks in advance!
Best regards
Community Manager

Re: Database repository

Hi Hammamr
How to store talend repository on a local database (example: MySQL), is that possible?

yes, you can set your database connection in repository. To do like this:
(1)Right click the "Db connections" option in Metadata in Repository viewer, then select "Create connection" option.
(2)Type in a name for this connection in the Name field. Then, click the 'Next' button.
(3)Select your DB Type and set your properties of connection. Finally, click the "Check" button to check weather you have succeed in connecting to the database. Smiley Happy
Best regards
shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

I think he wants to store the repository in a database - not on local workspace which is based on files.
Community Manager

Hi Hammamr,
If you want to work collaboratively on a Repository, then Talend Integration Suite will fully address your needs, check out this page: http://www.talend.com/products-data-integration/talend-integration-suite.php to get more details.

Cheers,
Elisa
One Star

Thanks for the quick reply, but I mean how to store the repository itself on a DBMS (e.g. MySQL) as mpoersch said.
Is that available as free functionality or I have to purchase? because from the link that Elisa sent I think i have to buy. is there an other option without buying it. I use Kettle and it maintains the repository on a DBMS (I use MySQL).
Thanks in advance!
Best Regards
Hamma
Employee

Is that available as free functionality or I have to purchase?

Talend (mother corporation of Talend Open Studio) provides a way to store the repository in a database with Talend On Demand. This service is free with 2 users. With Talend On Demand, the MySQL repository is hosted on one of our internet server. If you want to host your database repository, you have to purchase Talend Integration Suite.