Database Connection - schema retreival issue

One Star

Database Connection - schema retreival issue

I have a custom JDBC to a datasource. This has worked in Talend data integration studio 5.1, but now trying with latest 6.
You can see in the images below, Talend is able to pull up the tables in database, but has an error when trying to retreive the schema for a table.
Strangely, when i use "Read Queries" on the connection, the columns and data preview work fine. 
Same table, same JDBC, same connection. I am not sure where to start looking, but any help is appreciated

Seventeen Stars

Re: Database Connection - schema retreival issue

This function strongly depends on the driver and the way the driver implements the Metadata API.
What database and release do you use?
Fetching data records is much easier than fetching the table meta data. 
One Star

Thanks for your response. I dont think version will help as its a custom JDBC we created to a NoSQL database. To use with data tools like talend and BI tools.
I do see the exception, and am trying to put debug statements into our JDBC connector code to see what the Metadata requests are sending us. below is from <talenddir>\workspace\.metadata\.log.
If i put custom debug statements into our JDBC connector, do you know where that would print out?

java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.codemettle.sherpa.jdbc.SherpaResultSet.getInt(SherpaResultSet.java:508)
at com.codemettle.sherpa.jdbc.SherpaResultSet.getInt(SherpaResultSet.java:515)
at org.talend.metadata.managment.model.DBConnectionFillerImpl.getIntFromResultSet(DBConnectionFillerImpl.java:1333)
at org.talend.metadata.managment.model.DBConnectionFillerImpl.fillColumns(DBConnectionFillerImpl.java:1423)
at org.talend.metadata.managment.model.MetadataFillFactory.fillColumns(MetadataFillFactory.java:351)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.manager.ExtractManager.returnColumns(ExtractManager.java:395)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.returnColumns(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:206)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.table.database.SelectorTableForm$RetrieveColumnRunnable.run(SelectorTableForm.java:1532)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
One Star

jlolling, Thanks for the explanation. We updated the JDBC to be compliant with Talend
i will try to close this topic as resolved

2019 GARTNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 2

Part 2 of a series on Context Variables

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Migrate Data from one Database to another with one Job using the Dynamic Schema

Find out how to migrate from one database to another using the Dynamic schema

Blog