One Star

Database Connection Failed on Oracle 11

I am attempting to connect to Oracle using the tOracleInput_1 component. When setting up my connection I am using the Oracle Service Name on Oracle 11.
I have done a TNSPING of the service name to obain the Host and Port and have provided the correct credentials to log in, as I am able to log in through SQL Developer.
When I attemp to query a table I obtain the following error message...
"Database connection is failed"
Under details it states...
java.sql.SQLException: Listener refused the connection with the following error:
ORA-12514, TNS:Listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor.
We are using OID to connect with LDAP.
3 REPLIES

Re: Database Connection Failed on Oracle 11

Hi,
Would you mind taking a look at the article http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11837345/listener-refused-the-connection-with-the-following-error... to see if it is useful for your problem?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thanks for your response. It turns out that I needed to fully qualify my Service name. I was putting in the Database field "SERVICENAME", when it needed me to fully qualify it to "SERVICENAME.abc.com". Once I fully qualified i was able to access.
Thanks!

Hi,
It is a great news for us, thanks for your feedback. Feel free post your issue on forum.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.