Four Stars

Data viewer Not Working

OS Version Windows 10 Creator Update

JRE 1.8

Talend: Big Data Platform 6.4.1.20170623_1246

I have installed all of the required third party libs

When right-clicking on the tFileInputDelimited component I get the following error(s) when clicking on Data viewer (see attached screen shots).

Preview Error!

Preview Error!
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:
at sample_job.preview_data.Preview_Data.main(Preview_Data.java:1363)
at sample_job.preview_data.Preview_Data.main(Preview_Data.java:891)

When trying to run job:

Starting job CustomersTransfrom at 14:06 01/09/2017.

at sample_project.customerstransfrom_0_1.CustomersTransfrom.main(CustomersTransfrom.java:1871)
Job CustomersTransfrom ended at 14:06 01/09/2017. [exit code=0]

I am having the same issues on 2 machines. (WIndows 7 and 10). I have installed everything in the features pane, with the exception of the optional thrid party-libs, it keeps crashing...

Thanks.

• Big Data
  • Data Integration
4 REPLIES

Re: Data viewer Not Working

Hello,

Ensure proper version of JDK is installed. For v6 of Talend products JDKv1.8 is required instead of JRE. If that requirement is met, ensure JDK bin is included in your PATH environment variable and is being reached.

Feel free to post your issue here.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

I have placed the JDK in the Enivronmental Path variable. I am still getting the exact same issue. I cannot even compile an Empty project. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Starting job Test1 at 09:10 04/09/2017.

at cod_beta.test1_0_1.Test1.main(Test1.java:1335)
Job Test1 ended at 09:10 04/09/2017. [exit code=0]
Four Stars

The solution was setting PATH AND JAVA_HOME Environmental variables to: C:\TOS\jre1.8.0_131\bin for both Local User and System. I am not sure why this is working, the documentation was pointing me towards the JDK instead of the JRE version.

Hi,

You can check the java version by typing : java - version in cmd to make sure your java environment is set correctly.

1.png2.png

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.