Five Stars Moe
Five Stars

Data queue

Can I write to a data queue in AS400 using any of the TOS AS400 components?

7 REPLIES
Five Stars Moe
Five Stars

Re: Data queue

Seems Talend lacks also this feature

Fifteen Stars

"Seems Talend lacks also this feature".....you mean Talend does not spoon feed data integration developers in EVERY aspect of development? One of the key aspects of Talend is that you can make use of ANY third party Java APIs as well as many other types. All it takes a is a little Googling and you can find ways of solving your problem with Talend. For example....

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/ssw_ibm_i_72/rzahh/javadoc/com/ibm/as400/access/packa...

Probably not the best idea to come to a forum and attack a product that you clearly do not know very well

Rilhia Solutions
Five Stars Moe
Five Stars

I wonder why other ETL tools have this feature and not in talend, also I posted tons of things that talend lacks like TEXT field in field description etc...

If you do not want to implement such feature or do not know how to, that doesn't give you the right to attack its users who wonder about things here and there.

Fifteen Stars

@Moe wrote:

I wonder why other ETL tools have this feature and not in talend, also I posted tons of things that talend lacks like TEXT field in field description etc...

If you do not want to implement such feature or do not know how to, that doesn't give you the right to attack its users who wonder about things here and there.

Maybe AS400 isn't top of the list of data sources/targets that Talend have to deal with. Did you check the Talend Exchange? Did you (after searching for a pre-built component) Google to see how you could implement this feature using Java? No, you asked a question and when nobody spoon fed you the answer, you attacked the product. 

You can easily implement this feature using the API I pointed you to....if it is not available in the Exchange. With regard to your point about the TEXT field, I am not entirely sure what you mean. I am going to assume that you are not talking about data types available for columns. Instead I am going to assume you are talking about a field to describe the purpose of a column. If that is the case you can find that in all schema objects, both built-in and repository. It is (maybe somewhat deceptively) called "Comment".......but I guess it is an absolute pain that Talend haven't copied the implementation of your preferred tool. 

Rilhia Solutions
Five Stars Moe
Five Stars

Did you (after searching for a pre-built component) Google to see how you could implement this feature using Java? No, you asked a question and when nobody spoon fed you the answer, you attacked the product.

UNQUOTE

Who said I do not know how to do it in Java, I already written a java code to write into dataqueue years ago. But I was wondering if there is a tool in an ETL tool to do this simple task, but I guess not...

Regarding the TEXT a user and myself opened a jira since 2012 and still open and the talend coders are not able to implement since then!!!

Furthermore, I did not attack the product when I said (Seems Talend lacks also this feature), here Im only describing the current case, which is true!!

Fifteen Stars

@Moe wrote:

Furthermore, I did not attack the product when I said (Seems Talend lacks also this feature), here Im only describing the current case, which is true!!

Look at the language and tone you have used consistently throughout this thread....and you claim you are not attacking the product. 

@Moe wrote:
Who said I do not know how to do it in Java, I already written a java code to write into dataqueue years ago. But I was wondering if there is a tool in an ETL tool to do this simple task, but I guess not...

I gave you a solution to your TEXT issue (granted a guess since your description of the problem was incredibly open to interpretation) and you come back with this ...

@Moe wrote:
Regarding the TEXT a user and myself opened a jira since 2012 and still open and the talend coders are not able to implement since then!!!

....so far I am not entirely sure whether you are confusing TEXT with String, whether you have missed the "Comments" section in the schema or whether you are talking about something completely unrelated to the above. Can I ask, do you even know how many bits are in a byte? ......it might help me identify what your problem is 

Rilhia Solutions
Five Stars Moe
Five Stars

Look at the language and tone you have used consistently throughout this thread....and you claim you are not attacking the product.
Unquote

You seem to have a lot of time to assume and decipher words and extract tone from words, you should work at UN.

I gave you a solution to your TEXT issue (granted a guess since your description of the problem was incredibly open to interpretation) and you come back with this ...
Unquote

This thread is for something else and I did not mention throughly this issue as it was not my question here, I only mentioned it as a headline for a problem I had.

....so far I am not entirely sure whether you are confusing TEXT with String, whether you have missed the "Comments" section in the schema or whether you are talking about something completely unrelated to the above. Can I ask, do you even know how many bits are in a byte? ......it might help me identify what your problem is
Unquote

It seems you are out of your mind and words to start attacking me personally, maybe your parents did not raise you well, Mr. all knowing, for your info I'm 3rd year PhD student at university of Toronto, and I wont insult your knowledge or you personally like you did. Thank your time.