Data not fetching in tOracleInput component

Five Stars

Data not fetching in tOracleInput component

I am trying to move data from a oracle table to its archive table using talend. In tOracleInput component, i have included the query which fetches the data to be archived. I am moving data which are older than 2 months to archive based on date column in parent table. In child table, data is moved by linking parent table with foreign key relationship and and based on date. If i execute the query in sql developer data is fetching. Same query is used in talend, but it is not fetching data and job runs with no error. if i remove where condition it is fetching data in talend.

Forteen Stars

Re: Data not fetching in tOracleInput component

@Rathesh,can you make sure are you pointing to right DB? and also check that the same query are you used in Talend where in SQL was giving the output?

Manohar B
Don't forget to give kudos/accept the solution when a replay is helpful.
Employee

Hi,

Could you please share the component screen shots (basic and advanced) and also the query you are executing in Talend?

Another query is whether you are using same user id while fetching data using SQL developer and Talend.

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Highlighted
Five Stars

I don't know what is happening in talend 7.1. Sometimes it is fetching and sometimes not.

Employee

Hi Rathesh,

Could you please share the screen shot of your job and the component where you are getting the error? If you could share the error message it will help to narrow down the possibilities.

I doubt the error has anything to do with version 7.1.  Did you find any pattern when the data is not getting loaded? Is it something like waiting for any commit to happen from previous transaction?

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

15TH OCTOBER, COUNTY HALL, LONDON

Join us at the Community Lounge.

Register Now

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download