Data migration from Oracle to Postgres

One Star

Data migration from Oracle to Postgres

Hello, is it possible to use Talend to migrate from Oracle to Postgres?
The schema includes about 100 tables and there are tables with BLOB data type.
If this is possible, it will migrate all the objects including indexes, procedures, triggers, etc..?

Re: Data migration from Oracle to Postgres

Hi,
So far, we can support for migration tables from DB to DB.
See the related forum Forum 23678.
Forum18793, Forum 18572
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thanks Sabrina for your reply, i succeeded in the migration of the table. In the output table (Postgres) now i have a column of bytea type but it's in an encrypted format. Is there any way to verify if the column exported contains exactly the data imported from the source? (in origin the clob column contains XML file)
Thank you again
One Star

Hi,
is there any way to migrate from one oracle db to another oracle db using dynamic schema in talend even when the tables had BLOB or CLOB datatypes data. and in case there are some null data in those columns.

Thanks,
Hari Babu

Hi HariBabu_N,
Dynamic schema feature is only available in Talend Enterprise Data Integration, it allows you to design schema with an unknown column structure (unknown name and number of columns).
You can see the related article about How to process changing data structure?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
I had completed the migration using Dynamic schema. But the job is not processing the BOLB or CLOB data items. So i am looking for the solution in case when we use dynamic schema and one table has clob/blob data type..

Thanks ,
Hari

Hi,
But the job is not processing the BOLB or CLOB data items

What's the error? I have never migrated table with BOLB or CLOB data items before.
Without "dynamic schema", usually set the type as Byte[] and DB type as Blog on the schema of tOracleInput, convert the string to byte[] on tMap.
see my screenshots.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

can you help me resolve this ?

Hi bishwajeet,
Could you please give us more information about your current job requirement and the problem you are getting?
Best regards
Sabrina
--