Data driven testing problem : Unexpected close tag

Hi
I have created a talend Greet service and assigned a job which is deployed on talend runtime server.
Now i want to do a performance testing on the same using Apache JMeter. I am trying to read names from a .csv file and send multiple request to test performance.
here is the request :
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:ser="http://www.talend.org/service/">
<soapenv:Header/>
<soapenv:Body>
<ser:greetRequest>
<in>${name}</in>
</ser:greetRequest>
</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

*name is the variable name defined as properties of CSV data config in Apapche JMeter.
It throws the following exception in talend log console:
com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxParsingException: Unexpected close tag </in>; expected </EOF>.
at :
at com.ctc.wstx.sr.StreamScanner.constructWfcException(StreamScanner.java:606)
at com.ctc.wstx.sr.StreamScanner.throwParseError(StreamScanner.java:479)
at com.ctc.wstx.sr.StreamScanner.throwParseError(StreamScanner.java:464)
at com.ctc.wstx.sr.BasicStreamReader.reportWrongEndElem(BasicStreamReader.java:3283)
at com.ctc.wstx.sr.BasicStreamReader.readEndElem(BasicStreamReader.java:3210)
at com.ctc.wstx.sr.BasicStreamReader.nextFromTree(BasicStreamReader.java:2829)
at com.ctc.wstx.sr.BasicStreamReader.next(BasicStreamReader.java:1072)
at org.apache.cxf.staxutils.DepthXMLStreamReader.next(DepthXMLStreamReader.java:220)
at org.apache.cxf.staxutils.DepthXMLStreamReader.next(DepthXMLStreamReader.java:220)
at org.apache.cxf.staxutils.FragmentStreamReader.next(FragmentStreamReader.java:100)
at org.apache.cxf.staxutils.StaxUtils.copy(StaxUtils.java:735)
at org.apache.cxf.staxutils.StaxUtils.copy(StaxUtils.java:694)
at org.apache.cxf.staxutils.StaxUtils.copy(StaxUtils.java:618)
at org.apache.cxf.staxutils.StaxUtils.copy(StaxUtils.java:556)
at customerregistration.greetingserviceporttype_greet_0_1.GreetingServicePortType_greet$ESBProvider_tESBProviderRequest_1.invoke(GreetingServicePortType_greet.java:568)
at

But if i send static request, value for name, from soapUI or even in Apache JMeter, it works fine.
Could you please help me to solve this problem.
Thank you.
2 REPLIES
One Star

Re: Data driven testing problem : Unexpected close tag

Hi,
just a quick question - do you encode the input "name" value? I mean - if there are any 'not-encoded' characters, the parser may and probably will fail So you rather specify used encoding (UTF-8?) and encode the input anyway (e.g. for & ).
Best regards
Gabriel

Re: Data driven testing problem : Unexpected close tag

The problem was with Apache JMeter, it was unable to read the csv file that i had provided. So, i got the solution.
Thanks for the reply.