Data Truncation Issues

One Star

Data Truncation Issues

Hi, I have to insert some data from Excel file into MsSQLServer DB. I have a field that can store up to 200 characters, but it showed error message 'Data Truncation' when I was inserting a record with 20+ characters length. But it worked when I inserted below 20 characters. I already put the same length value between input and output. Until now I still can't find out the cause of this error. Anyone can help?

Re: Data Truncation Issues

Hi,

Could you please take a look at a KB article about:TalendHelpCenter: Exception: Data truncation: Data too long for column to see if it fix your issue?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

xdshi wrote:
Hi,

Could you please take a look at a KB article about:TalendHelpCenter: Exception: Data truncation: Data too long for column to see if it fix your issue?

Best regards
Sabrina

Yes, I have seen that post before I write this. It's definitely opposite problem with mine while your reference post is because the data space is smaller than the data length. The problem that I met is my space is enough for the data I want to insert into DB (my nvarchar length in DB is upto 200 characters, and the data length I want to insert is around 20-25 characters) , but it keep showing 'Data Truncation' error message. 

Hi,

Could you please drag "Rejects" row from tMSSqlOutput to see if your data is rejected by your DB?

Best regards
Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

2019 GARTNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 2

Part 2 of a series on Context Variables

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Migrate Data from one Database to another with one Job using the Dynamic Schema

Find out how to migrate from one database to another using the Dynamic schema

Blog