Five Stars

Data Inetgration in TOS hangs alot?

Hi,

i am using Windows 7, 64 bit machine. I have increased the JRM paramters of memory space to **2046M**. Still after few hours, the system hangs alot. 

Could anyone explain what is the reason? 

(I am  doing no database work, only reading from Excel files and string in Excel files.)

Any good suggestions, much appreciated! (Below is screenshot how clicking an icon make the whole tool stuck for minuetes 15 or 20)hangs.png

• Data Integration
11 REPLIES
Ten Stars

Re: Data Inetgration in TOS hangs alot?

There are many reasons, but one of most resent problems with studio - it is error log (tLogRow and other output)

like, if looking for Your picture:

Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 6.43.10 AM.png

possible to think - this is for each row in Your flow. If it true - it is exactly source of problem

Why - I can not answer, but can surely confirm - big number of output rows hang Talend always

hang - in best case, in worst it will be crashed

-----------
Ten Stars

I also have problems when I have a lot of data in the console. Clear on run should be enabled unless you need to see the output of multiple runs. Manually clearing the console can help if you've just dumped a lot of data there.
Ten Stars

there 2 cases:

1) if it tLogRow and number of rows more than "few" - better to change tLogRow by tFileOutputDelimited - work fast and not eat memory

2) but if it result of errors - for example for each row return warning about wrong format or similar ... this is possible to fix only by resolving source of problem

-----------
Five Stars

how to enable that?
Ten Stars

what?

-----------
Five Stars

@cterenzi Could you tell how to enable "Clear on run should be enabled"
Ten Stars

it enabled by default, but it not help if I right about number of rows on the picture - it is a killer

-----------
Five Stars

Yes, the data size is like 5 excel files with 26K rows in each file.
Ten Stars

redirect this output into csv file (or disable) and all will be fine Smiley Happy

-----------
Ten Stars

Run Tab, Advanced Settings.

Five Stars

Classic problem indeed, the "Console" in "Run job" view is a full memory component

WIth too much data it just died (and kill the whole studio)

You need to tick the "Line limit" and choose a max number of line during your test run

If you really need more data when you debug, you could try a new Log4j FILE appender to a file in "File / Edit Project Properties / Log4j"