Six Stars

DBOutput Components: how to log errors without force it to fail

Hello,

I have a tPostgresqlOutput that perform some insert statements. 

Sometime it fails because of different reasons (related to constraint violations), and I wouldn't previously filter rows that are not good to be inserted.

I have set the tPostgresqlOutput component NOT to fail on error, and I would now be able to catch all bad rows (to log them, at least). 

Is it possible and how?

Regards,

Lorenzo 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: DBOutput Components: how to log errors without force it to fail

Hello,

The "Rejects" row will be available when you uncheck "Use Batch Size" option in advanced settings of tPostgresqlOutput component.

1.png

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
4 REPLIES
Six Stars

I know that we can catch tMap errors without having the job to fail.
https://www.rilhia.com/quicktips/quick-tip-how-debug-tmap-errors
See if this link can help.

Hi,

Lorenzo wrote:

Hello,

I have a tPostgresqlOutput that perform some insert statements. 

Sometime it fails because of different reasons (related to constraint violations), and I wouldn't previously filter rows that are not good to be inserted.

I have set the tPostgresqlOutput component NOT to fail on error, and I would now be able to catch all bad rows (to log them, at least). 

Is it possible and how?

Regards,

Lorenzo 

Are you looking for "Rejects" row from tPostgresqlOutput?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Hi @xdshi

YES! I'm looking for something like "row rejected". I don't find it in the tPostgresqlOutput Component.

Where is it?

Regards,

Lorenzo

Hello,

The "Rejects" row will be available when you uncheck "Use Batch Size" option in advanced settings of tPostgresqlOutput component.

1.png

Best regards

Sabrina

--