One Star

DB connection for ACCESS

I am trying to make a job to pull data from an access db and puch it to SQL. the issue i am having is trying to create a new db connection to the access db. i am getting an error that {ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no defualt driver specified. Can some one please help me through this? I have attaced a picture with the error and connection string.
Thanks in advance
9 REPLIES

Re: DB connection for ACCESS

Hi,
Which talend version are you using? The file uploaded is all right?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

we are running 5.2.2 and the file path and file is good

Hi,
Did you install "MS Access Database Driver(*.mdb, *accdb)"? If not, Please check your ODBC Data Source Administrator to add one from website.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,

I'm using version 5.3 and have the same issue.
Where can I find & install this driver exactly?

Thanx,
Christoph

Hi,
You can search for it from Microsoft official website http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=23734
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi,

I've installed the 2010 driver (office/access 2010), but still same error when trying to connect to an *.mdb
URL for download: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255
-> I took the "AccessDatabaseEngine.exe", not the "AccessDatabaseEngine_x64.exe", cause that one asked to reinstall my office completely.

Any ideas?
Should I change anything in the preferences under Talend>Data Explorer>JDBC drivers?

Thanx,
Christoph

Hi,
Should I change anything in the preferences under Talend>Data Explorer>JDBC drivers?

It is impossible to use jdbc to set up the DB connection.(MS ACCESS DB is odbc connection)
What's your OS? Win7 64bit? 32-bit-odbc-driver-for-ms-access-2010-accdb-is-missing-in-win7-64bit
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi,

My OS is win7, 32 bit.
Indeed - it would have been great to have an odbc connection as part of the default db-connections ;-).
Christoph

Hi,
I have made a testing on Office 2007, everything is OK. Is the MS Access Database Driver still unavailable in your ODBC Data Source Administrator?
There is a jira bug https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-8995, but it is not new. I will make an investigation on it(office 2010) and come back to you asap.
Best regards
Sabrina
--