Custom Logging log4j.properties

One Star

Custom Logging log4j.properties

I am trying to do a number of things with logging out of my Java Talend job.
One of the particular things I would like to do is be able to use my standard log4j.properties file. I have tried to import it both as stand-alone and within a jar file via the tLibraryLoad component. It doesn't seem to be recognized at all... output is not landing int he file or smtp appenders that I would expect from my configuration file.
Is it possible to do this? One of my goals is to use a Log4j Logger within tJava and tWebServiceInput component code windows. I was trying something in which I caught the exception, logged it using my standard log4j.properties, and then threw the exception again so that Talend could continue processing it.
Perhaps I am on the wrong track.... feedback welcomed.
I have also trued tDie and tLogCatcher, but that does not consistently do what I want. I was piping the output of tLogCatcher to tSendMail, but that didn't even get executed when I exported the job as a web service, so that's not what I'm after....
Many people have to be in this position - maybe not specifically - but we have standard logging configurations we use for deployments, and we don't want to deviate from those because of a particular tool. I'd love to find a way to plugin my log4j.properties into Talend...
Seventeen Stars

Re: Custom Logging log4j.properties

hi,
have a look at exchange talend component or this one
hope could help you
regards
laurent
One Star

Re: Custom Logging log4j.properties

Thanks - I'll have a look at the Exchange. Definitely some options there.
I think also based on http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=3616 that if I just use routines for the code-driven parts of the job, perhaps I won't have the same limitations there as I do in the designer with components?
I'll give them both a shot.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Migrate Data from one Database to another with one Job using the Dynamic Schema

Find out how to migrate from one database to another using the Dynamic schema

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables