One Star

Custom Components and TAC

Hi,
I am using Talend Platrform for data services 5.2.2.
In my DI job, I am using a custom component from the Talend Exchange tFileInputTextFlat. I have set up a custom component folder within Studio which contains the custom component artifacts. The job executes fine when run within Studio.
When I try to run the same job via Job Conductor I get the following Error when the job is being generated. I have set the 'User component path' for Commandline to point to the same folder used in Studio using TAC. Can someone help please.
TIA.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
org.talend.commons.exception.PersistenceException: Process cannot be opened because a used component <org.talend.designer.core.model.utils.emf.talendfile.impl.NodeTypeImpl@2b3d77b5 (binaryData: null, stringData: null, componentName: tFileInputTextFlat, componentVersion: 2.0, offsetLabelX: 0, offsetLabelY: 0, posX: -32, posY: 160, sizeX: <unset>, sizeY: <unset>, screenshot: null)> is not loaded
at org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.process.Process.checkLoadNodes(Process.java:2063)
at org.talend.commandline.util.JobHandler.export(JobHandler.java:246)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandProcessor.doExportJob(CommandProcessor.java:291)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandProcessor.exportJob(CommandProcessor.java:210)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandProcessorSwitch.caseExportJobCommand(CommandProcessorSwitch.java:94)
at org.talend.commandline.client.util.CommandAbstractSwitch.doSwitch(CommandAbstractSwitch.java:66)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.executeCommand(CommandConsumer.java:57)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.execute(CommandConsumer.java:35)
at org.talend.commandline.mode.ServerCommandLine$CommmandConsumerRunnable.run(ServerCommandLine.java:139)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
org.talend.gwtadministrator.client.module.dashboard.commandline.model.CommandLineBean.executeGroupCommand(CommandLineBean.java:183)
org.talend.administrator.scheduler.business.job.generate.JobGenerator.executeGroupCommand(JobGenerator.java:278)
org.talend.administrator.scheduler.business.job.generate.JobGenerator.generate(JobGenerator.java:145)
org.talend.administrator.scheduler.business.ExecutionTaskHandler.generateJobScriptUnit(ExecutionTaskHandler.java:379)
org.talend.administrator.scheduler.business.ExecutionTaskHandler$1.run(ExecutionTaskHandler.java:321)
Caused by: org.talend.commons.exception.PersistenceException: Process cannot be opened because a used component <org.talend.designer.core.model.utils.emf.talendfile.impl.NodeTypeImpl@2b3d77b5 (binaryData: null, stringData: null, componentName: tFileInputTextFlat, componentVersion: 2.0, offsetLabelX: 0, offsetLabelY: 0, posX: -32, posY: 160, sizeX: <unset>, sizeY: <unset>, screenshot: null)> is not loaded
at org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.process.Process.checkLoadNodes(Process.java:2063)
at org.talend.commandline.util.JobHandler.export(JobHandler.java:246)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandProcessor.doExportJob(CommandProcessor.java:291)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandProcessor.exportJob(CommandProcessor.java:210)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandProcessorSwitch.caseExportJobCommand(CommandProcessorSwitch.java:94)
at org.talend.commandline.client.util.CommandAbstractSwitch.doSwitch(CommandAbstractSwitch.java:66)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.executeCommand(CommandConsumer.java:57)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.execute(CommandConsumer.java:35)
at org.talend.commandline.mode.ServerCommandLine$CommmandConsumerRunnable.run(ServerCommandLine.java:139)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
++++++++++++
6 REPLIES
One Star

Re: Custom Components and TAC

Checking for the simplest issues
When you configured the custom component folder, did you do that in TAC?
Did you put the custom component in the folder you configured in the command line?
Is that folder accessible to the command line?
One Star

Checking for the simplest issues
When you configured the custom component folder, did you do that in TAC?
Did you put the custom component in the folder you configured in the command line?
Is that folder accessible to the command line?

Yes the custom component was configured in TAC and the custom component is in the configured folder.
The folder is on the same host and is accessible to the command line.
One Star

I don't recall whether it is necessary to restart the command line service after deploying a new custom component. You could try that. If you do please post the results.
One Star

I don't recall whether it is necessary to restart the command line service after deploying a new custom component. You could try that. If you do please post the results.

Hi,
I restarted command line service. Still getting same error.
One Star

Hi,
I restarted command line service. Still getting same error.
The custom component now fails to load in Studio as well. The following error is displayed in the 'Problems' tab in Studio:
+++++
unknown value in the list value set not supported by the component
+++++
Anyone got any ideas if this is a repository issue? Is there anyway of clearing out any references to the component in the talend repository?
Community Manager

Hi
Could you open a ticket in the Tech Support portal: http://support.talend.com/otrs/customer.pl
This isn't normal.
Many thanks