Five Stars Moe
Five Stars

Creating table on AS400 with TEXT field

Hi,

I am able to create tables on AS400 using tas400output (create table) however I need to fill the field TEXT (field description, i.e.: BBETREP field has description as Client Number) that is on AS400, is it possible from Talend?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES
Five Stars Moe
Five Stars

Re: Creating table on AS400 with TEXT field

Bump, hope someone could help.. Thank you.
Five Stars

I have the same need but unluckily Talend doesn't provide that, despite being technically very simple and despite other competitors provides this.

Talend has already everything in place in the schema model (that already include the "comment" column), they just need to map the comment in the database during schema creation and schema reading.

They syntax for a column comment/description in DB2 is quite simple (COMMENT ON COLUMN statement), they should just include it during the CREATE TABLE statement.

I've already opened a JIRA for a similar case, but listen... in 2012!!! to say how much Talend team cares about proper schema documentation and comment autofilling Smiley Very HappyDDD

I use others ETL tools just for this reason (lack of comment fetching during "guess schema" phase, because without this feature the ETL tool is nothing more than a toy for industrial purposes).

https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-21705?jql=text%20~%20%22as400%20remarks%2B%22

Five Stars Moe
Five Stars

Thank you mate, I did reply to your JIRA topic and lets hope they could add this simple feature....