One Star

Creating a Metadata Db Connection using existing Context variables

Hi,
I'm trying to create a Metadata Db Connection using existing Context Variables, however there doesn't seem to be a way of linking a Context to the Db Connection without actually using the generate option on the Db Connection screen to create an entirely new one.
Has anyone found a way to do this?
I'm using 'Talend Enterprise Data Integration Cluster edition' v5.1.2.r90681
Thanks in advance
7 REPLIES

Re: Creating a Metadata Db Connection using existing Context variables

Hi,
You can refer to the scenario firstly in the component reference tContextLoad to see if it is what you needed?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Thanks for the quick response.
That's not exactly what I need.
What I want to be able to do is to create a Metadata Db Connection and in Step 2 of this be able to use existing context variables to define the Database Connection (See Attached Image).
If I used the context load scenario as you have suggested I would still have to try to define the Metadata database connection as shown.
Regards
Chris

Hi,
So far, Talend cannot support for your requirement, because we cannot choose and change the context from repository.
As your screenshot shown, we just support for "Export as a context" to mask the DB information. Exporting Metadata as context
That means you have to achieve it in DB component( as the article provided to you in previous post) not repository.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Seven Stars

You can do it but only by editing the metadata's .item file directly...
One Star

Hi
it seems possible in v5.0.0
First, create a Metadata/connection , then export it as a context
then, update your context values in the context tab
In the job, in you component, use the Property type "Referential" and select your "Connection" name
Cheers
One Star

I have the version 6.2.1 ; but I do not have a Property type "Referential" ; where is it hidden ?

Hi,
I have the version 6.2.1 ; but I do not have a Property type "Referential" ; where is it hidden ?

Here are two types property: Built-in and Repository.
Best regards
Sabrina
--