Creating Volatile Tables Within Talend Job

Six Stars

Creating Volatile Tables Within Talend Job

In my ETL job, I am doing much of the processing in the Teradata environment, i.e., creating volatile tables.  Is there an option within Talend that will allow me to do this?  These volatile tables will be used for other tables to join to.  I know there is a tTeradataInput, but these volatile tables will need to be created before that.  Any help would be appreciated!

Accepted Solutions
Seven Stars

Re: Creating Volatile Tables Within Talend Job

Hi,

I am not very sure of the way teradata works.

with my little understand of Teradata , I am giving my idea.

Use one Teradataconnection at the start of the process and reuse the connection across your job.

use a tTeradatarow component to create volatile table, you can always have the structure of your volatile table in the Metadata(without the actual table)

Use tCloseConnection at the end.

I hope this should help.

Cheers!

Gatha

All Replies
Seven Stars

Hi,

I am not very sure of the way teradata works.

with my little understand of Teradata , I am giving my idea.

Use one Teradataconnection at the start of the process and reuse the connection across your job.

use a tTeradatarow component to create volatile table, you can always have the structure of your volatile table in the Metadata(without the actual table)

Use tCloseConnection at the end.

I hope this should help.

Cheers!

Gatha

Six Stars

Thanks for your reply Gatha.  That is a good idea and will try it out to see.  I'll report back if this was an acceptable solution.

Seven Stars

Hi,
Does my idea work?
If so can you please mark the right message as a solution? I guess it's marked on a different message.
Thanks