I have a XSD file with a full schema, and I have daily XML files containing daily data.
What I need to do is create a table in SQL with the XSD schema, containing all the loops in it and inserting into this table all the daily XML's data.
What I did before and it didn't work was that I created the XSD schema but with the main loop only with tfileinputXML, and it brought me only one row at a time without separating the data to all the sub loops.
Can anyone advise on this issue?
Could you please elaborate your case with an example with input and expected output values? Which will be helpful for us to understand your job requirement.
I afraid, in any case - the final answer would be "this is not possible", there are many reasons for this:
- Talend not flexible for XML and JSON same as programming language (and this is not a drawback, this is just fact)
- Flat database table is not a best place for store XML (especial when structure could change and job must handle this structure changes)
- in case if XML is stable - just create structure for all necessary tables and define parsing for each loop.
- store XML as XML, and use for parse XQuery provided by database (most of them today support this)
- store XML in XML database - MarkLogic, BaseX, eXists
Talend named a Leader.
Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.
Part 2 of a series on Context Variables
Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables
Find out how to migrate from one database to another using the Dynamic schema