Creating Generic Schema from DB Connection

Five Stars

Creating Generic Schema from DB Connection

Hi,
Is there a quicker way of creating a Generic Schema from a complete database (with 40+ tables) than having to right-click on each table individually?
Thanks,
- Brian
One Star

Re: Creating Generic Schema from DB Connection

In the repository, under Metadata/DbConnections/{your connection name}/Table Schemas you can just highlight the tables you want and drag and drop them on the Generic Schemas and they will copy there.
Should you not have any table schemas under {your connection name}, you can just right-click on the connection name and select retrieve schema and up will pop a dialog box to allow you to fetch them and then you can drag and drop as above...
Five Stars

Thanks SMaz, that worked. Unfortunately it won't let me put the table schemas into a folder once they have been copied down to the Generic Schema node. Every time I drag a table schema within that node to a subfolder, it just makes a Copy of... under the main Generic Schema node. Any ideas?
I want to organize the schemas by application and module... something like...
Generic Schema
|
+ Base Application
| + Table 1 schema
| + Table 2 schema
|
+ Application w/Calibration module
+ Table 1 schema
+ Table 2 schema

Thanks,
- Brian
One Star

It would make sense that you could just drag and drop them onto the folders you created.
However, I just tried it and it doesn't work. Looks to me like you found a real BUG! I'd submit a bug report.
One Star

Is there any component that helps to get the schema of a table.
dinamically i need to get the list of tables and schema of all the tables one after another .

thanks and Regards,
Pravu Mishra.
One Star

You can create some logics using the functions from your own db server to get that kind of thing
Is there any component that helps to get the schema of a table.
dinamically i need to get the list of tables and schema of all the tables one after another .

thanks and Regards,
Pravu Mishra.
One Star

Thanks for your lovely reply. Smiley Happy
As mentioned in my message, I wanted to do this using talend component.
Thanks and Regards,
pravu Mishra.