Four Stars

Create context group for DB connections

Hi,

I need to create separate context groups for each of the environments - DEV, SIT, UAT, PROD so that each context group has its own database connection details. I should be able to switch across the environments easily without having to change the DB connection details again & again. Can somebody plz help out here

• Data Integration
5 REPLIES
Nine Stars TRF
Nine Stars

Re: Create context group for DB connections

Hi,
In the repository, add a context folder nammed "DB" for example, then create the desired variables such as "username", " password", "server" and so on. Add as many group context as needed (DEV, UAT, PROD) and set the value for each variable in each context.
After saving, open the jobs and drag and drop the new context group into the job context.
This is the basic approach. You can also defined values using an external source based on a file or a database table.

TRF
Four Stars

Thanks for the solution.  In the tOracleConnection component what should be selected as the 'Property Type' for using the context variables.  Should it be 'Repository' or 'Built-In'?

Nine Stars TRF
Nine Stars

Let "Property Type" to Built-in as soon as you want to use context variables.

TRF
Four Stars

I tried using the "Property Type" to 'Built-in' in tOracleConnection. However there is no way for me to select the corresponding variables from the Context Group for the DB details like - HostName, Port, Schema, etc. Plz help
Nine Stars TRF
Nine Stars

Are the variables created in the context group?

Then, when you want to use them, you just have to enter their name in the corresponding field like "context.serverName" for example.

If you still have the problem, share a capture of the context group variables + a capture of the tOracleConnection component.

TRF