Create a "Die on Error" option for component tFileInputJSON

One Star

Create a "Die on Error" option for component tFileInputJSON

Hi,
It is all in the title: i find very useful the "die on error" option in the tFileFetch component, which avoids global failures when fetching lots of files from the web. I would be very happy to have the same option in the tFileInputJSON so my job could keep running even if one call fails Smiley Happy
Best regards,
Maxime Gosmant.
One Star

Re: Create a "Die on Error" option for component tFileInputJSON

Hello,
should not be difficult I guess.
I might do that as an exercise for the tutorial on component creation I am writing.
I quickly checked the component and I was a bit surprised it uses javascript to read json (it actually inits a javascript engine).
I am not sure why, I did use some simple json structures in java without the need of js, normally json-simple.jar shoul be enough.
If the component author reads this message (it's marked "Talend") I would be happy to know more.
Anyway, about the die on error, I think I can work on it, not sure if today, but normally within the week.
Regards
Francesco
One Star

Do you have a sample file / url and job I can use to test the modified component?
One Star

Hi Saburo,
I am sorry I have nothing that I can publish.
You can try with Twitter API or any JSON API from here: http://www.programmableweb.com/
The only problem is that you have to make it fail...
Best,
Maxime.
One Star

I think I have a better idea : YOU make it fail Smiley Tongue
I modified the component and explained each single modification I did, but I did run no (zero) tests, so I guess there will be a few issues here and there.
You can find the updated component here : http://powerupbi.com/talend/componentCreation_10.html
Scroll to the bottom of the page, there is a download link.
I am also sure there are plenty of typos in the page, I am currently reviewing it to remove them (sorry), I just thought it was good to publish it immediately so that others (starting with you) can test the modifications.
Please backup your original component before installing the modified one
One Star

Well, guess it was not that important after all... Smiley Tongue
One Star

Hi Saburo,
Yes it is important and I would be happy to test your new component but I really don't have time for that.
That's why I posted it in the forum "suggestion", so that it will be eventually included in a future release.
In any case I will have a look at your work on your web page, looks interesting Smiley Wink
Regards,
Maxime.