One Star

Couchbase 3.0 connection issue

I am trying to connect to Couchbase 3.0 and I am getting an error that the response is not recognized.
Starting job CouchBaseLoad at 13:42 04/11/2014.
connecting to socket on port 3496
connected
2014-11-04 13:42:14.488 WARN com.couchbase.client.vbucket.ConfigurationProviderHTTP:  Connection problems with URI ...skipping
java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 401 for URL:
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
at com.couchbase.client.vbucket.ConfigurationProviderHTTP.readToString(ConfigurationProviderHTTP.java:344)
at com.couchbase.client.vbucket.ConfigurationProviderHTTP.readPools(ConfigurationProviderHTTP.java:144)
at com.couchbase.client.vbucket.ConfigurationProviderHTTP.getBucketConfiguration(ConfigurationProviderHTTP.java:126)
at com.couchbase.client.CouchbaseConnectionFactory.getVBucketConfig(CouchbaseConnectionFactory.java:233)
at com.couchbase.client.CouchbaseClient.<init>(CouchbaseClient.java:256)
at com.couchbase.client.CouchbaseClient.<init>(CouchbaseClient.java:222)
at bdproj.couchbaseload_0_1.CouchBaseLoad.tCouchbaseConnection_1Process(CouchBaseLoad.java:350)
at bdproj.couchbaseload_0_1.CouchBaseLoad.runJobInTOS(CouchBaseLoad.java:1036)
at bdproj.couchbaseload_0_1.CouchBaseLoad.main(CouchBaseLoad.java:895)
Exception in component tCouchbaseConnection_1
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.couchbase.client.CouchbaseConnectionFactory.getVBucketConfig(CouchbaseConnectionFactory.java:233)
at com.couchbase.client.CouchbaseClient.<init>(CouchbaseClient.java:256)
at com.couchbase.client.CouchbaseClient.<init>(CouchbaseClient.java:222)
at bdproj.couchbaseload_0_1.CouchBaseLoad.tCouchbaseConnection_1Process(CouchBaseLoad.java:350)
at bdproj.couchbaseload_0_1.CouchBaseLoad.runJobInTOS(CouchBaseLoad.java:1036)
at bdproj.couchbaseload_0_1.CouchBaseLoad.main(CouchBaseLoad.java:895)
disconnected
Job CouchBaseLoad ended at 13:42 04/11/2014.
Any idea if the Couchbase component will work with version 3.x ?  As an alternate, I was thinking of issuing HTTP Get/Post calls to accomplish the tasks.  Any pointers or workarounds will be appreciated.
_Ben
3 REPLIES
Four Stars

Re: Couchbase 3.0 connection issue

Hi Ben,
This is a null pointer for tCouchbaseConnection... can you show the settings for Connection component.. something is missing..
Vaibhav
One Star

Any luck with this query? I am also getting the same error
Employee

I met the same problem. The error indicates the wrong username and password for Data Bucket. Check you couchbase bucket, refer to screenshot.