One Star

Corrupted Excel File after writing into with Talend.

Hi there.
I have an xlsx excel file with four sheets. Two of them i want to write into with talend.
The whole empty file is about 1080 Kb with just some titles and column formating (Date format & such...)
My Talend job is rather simple, reading from an oracle, some filtering into a tmap and then writing into the first sheet in an output link, to a tHashOutput on the other output link.
Then when the subjob is Ok, i read from the Hash with a tHashInput ans write into the seconf sheet.
I have 183 rows on the first output link.
and 3183 on the second.
Which seem to be not so much...
Actually, i need to use Xmx4096M to even run the job.
And then, the excel file i get is corrupted. I can only open it after excel remove all style and formating...
When i don't check the KEEP_CELL_FORMATING boxes, the job is almost instant and i can now open my excle file without any problem...
Question is...
Does the KEEP_CELL_FORMATING boxes use soooo much memory ?
Is there a way to use less memory and have excel keep the format ?
This job write "only" 3K rows... but the next i want to write will probably have maybe 150.000 rows...
Many Thanks for you'r much anticipated help.
Amaranthe.
4 REPLIES

Re: Corrupted Excel File after writing into with Talend.

Hi,
Would you mind uploading your job design screenshots into forum so that we can see if there is any issue in logic or design.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi Amaranthe,
Which component you are using to write excel file. Present 5.3.0 talend version tFileOutputExcel component in TOS does not have that check box.
Vaibahv
One Star

I'm using the Talend Enterprise Data Integration 5.3.1r104014 which have this option for the tFileOutputExcel.
Here are the screenshots.
One Star

And the details of the tFileOutputExcel.