One Star

Copying files using tFileCopy simply lists the contents, not copy

I followed the instructions in the documentation as pasted below and attempted to write a simple job that takes a list of files from one directory and copies them to another. The job does not produce an error, but does not move the files, all I see is the listing of the contents of the files in in the Run Tab of the job. The instructions I followed are pasted below. What did I miss?
Scenario: Restoring files from bin
This scenario describes a Job that iterates on a list of files in a directory, copies each file to a defined target
directory, and then removes the copied files from the source directory.
1. Create a new Job and add a tFileList component and a tFileCopy component by typing their names in the
design workspace or dropping them from the Palette.
2. Connect tFileList to tFileCopy using a Row > Iterate link.
3. Double-click tFileList to open its Basic settings view.
Scenario: Restoring files from bin
Talend Open Studio Components Reference Guide 1935
4. In the Directory field, browse to or type in the directory to iterated upon.
5. Double-click tFileCopy to open its Basic settings view.
6. In the File Name field, press Ctrl+Space to access the global variable list and
select the tFileList_1.CURRENT_FILEPATH variable from the list to fill the field with
((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILEPATH")).
7. In the Destination directory field, browse to or type in the directory to copy each file to.
8. Select the Remove source file check box to get rid of the files that have been copied.
9.Press Ctrl+S to save your Job and press F6 to execute it.
All the files in the defined source directory are copied to the destination directory and are removed from the
2 REPLIES
One Star

Re: Copying files using tFileCopy simply lists the contents, not copy

I got it working in one instance, but when I try again it gives a "invalid escape sequence error"
One Star

Re: Copying files using tFileCopy simply lists the contents, not copy

escape sequence error comes when you use "\" character in any of the strings defined. Like \n is for "new line". I will advice not to use "\" in any of the strings.