Copy / paste from build-in context to context object

One Star

Copy / paste from build-in context to context object

Hello,
Another idea (because I faced up to this problem today...). I think that it could be great to get the possibility to copy/paste information regarding the context, as it is possible for schema.
In fact, I started a job, defined some context variables, etc. Great. But, after thinking of the next steps of my job, I realized that my context variables are also useful in another job, and then, I needed to use the context object.
But, I had to recreate all my variables (26 in my case) one by one...
Arnaud
One Star

Re: Copy / paste from build-in context to context object

Hi Arnaud,
you could open a feature request in the BugTracker. I think it would be sometimes a great help.
By the way: You could also define your context in the repository and load it into all jobs. If you do so, you could also promote all changes from one central point to all scripts.
Bye
Volker
One Star

Hi Volker,
I agree with you. The best thing to do is to start by setting a context in the repository and it will wokr very fine ! But... in my case, I first did not want to create it in the repository, because variables I needed should be used only in one job...
OK, thank you for your answer. I will open a feature request.
Arnaud
Five Stars

Hi Arnaud,
I think what you want to do is similar to the feature request that I put in awhile ago, 4135, which looks like it might be available when 3.1.1 is released.
- Brian
One Star

Hello Brian,
You're right ! Your request is what I meant !... I'll post a note to close my request.
Thank you !
One Star

brian your link was really helpfull to me.... Thank uuuuuuu!