One Star

Copy data from one SQL server database to another

I have copied data from Excel sheets to the multiple tables of a SQL server.
I want to copy data from these tables of one SQL server database to another database. How do I do that?
Note: Since it is a complete refresh I need to delete data from the destination database before copying the data.
Please tell me how do I go about this two tasks?
4 REPLIES

Re: Copy data from one SQL server database to another

Hi,
It seems you want to migrate one SQL server database to another database?
If so, could you please have a look at related forum 18793 topic: complete migration from oracle to sql server. Let me know if it is OK with you.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi Yuvraj,
That "another database" is same sql server or another? If it is different you can do in following way
- tSQLServerInput-->main-->tyourdatabaseoutput (use truncate and load option if you want to remove all earlier data before loading)
- If the database is same, you can also think of using SQLRow component and use database copy command sql

Whether you are facing any problem in doing this?
Vaibhav
Five Stars

Youraj, please check tTransferDatabase component on exchange it is very well for transform database.
http://www.talendforge.org/exchange/?eid=457&product=tos&action=view&nav=1,1,1

Hi Yuvraj Solanki,
Is there any update for your issue?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.