One Star

Copy and paste one excel sheet into another

Hi All,
I am trying to take one excel worksheet in one workbook and paste the entire thing into the other workbook and replace that sheet. When I try to use the below it doesn't paste anything. Can you please see below and tell me what I am missing or doing wrong? I am using tfileinput and tfileoutput I appreciate all the help. 
10 REPLIES
Seventeen Stars

Re: Copy and paste one excel sheet into another

I do not know what do you mean with paste but transferring data from one sheet to another sheet (also in another workbook) is not a big deal. I would do that with the components like tFileExcel* from Talend Exchange.
You need 2 tFileExcelWorkbookOpen for every workbook (source and target) and read from source with tFileExcelSheetInput and write with tFileExcelSheetOutput in the other workbook.
At least write the workbook with tFileExcelWorkbookSave to you local file system.
Go to Talend Exchange view in your studio and install all 4 mentioned components in the Exchange view of your studio. 
One Star

Hi, 
Thank you for your help. 
I tried to do what you said (see screenshots below), but all it did was recreate the target workbook and save it as a new copy. Basically I was hoping to do the following. 
1. Copy sheet from source workbook
2. Paste and replace the data in the target workbook for a specific sheet.  
Seventeen Stars

I cannot see any screenshots from you. Here is how I thought it

The tFileExcelSheetInput belongs to tFileExcelWorkbookOpen_1 and the tFileExcelSheetOutput and tFileExcelWorkbookSave belongs to tFileExcelWorkbookOpen_2.
In tFileExcelWorkbookOpen_2 you have to open your target file.
One Star

Thank you, Thank you! It almost worked.. how do i get it to paste values.. and not the formulas from the other excel sheet?
Seventeen Stars

If you read a cell with a numeric datatype like Double or BigDecimal the formula should be calculated and only the value should be transferred.
One Star

Hi Jbolling,
Can you show me to how to extra emails from my email and save to my email address. I can't extract emails that come directly to me.. only those that come from a group. I tried using tpop and tfileinputmail but wasn't sure what to do with the schema. Can you please provide an example that you have done with screenshots of the parameters for each dimension (tpop and t fileinputmail)
One Star

Sorry it sounded confusing on the top. I want to save an email attachment to a specific location on my hard drive. I have been able to do it, but only for emails that come to an alias I belong to, and not those emails with attachments that come directly to me. 
One Star

Here are some screenshots. I believe it finds the file but no screenshots 
One Star

Also if you can't see my screenshots.. is there another way I can show you? I pasted them into this chat, but for some reason when I click submit they never show up. 
Seventeen Stars

I know, I save screenshots as png file and drag them directly into the post editor window. Try this way.