One Star

Copy/Rename/Move Files on S3

Hello,
I would like to be able to copy/rename/move files from one bucket to another on S3 without having to do:
tS3Get --> tS3Put
I know that this is possible with S3 in general. There are methods that exist in python/java that allow you to modify the src_bucket, dest_bucket, and metadata associated with the S3 document. Just doesn't seem to be built into talends components.
Has anyone done this? If so, how? If not, do we know if this is a planned component in the future?
Cheers,
James Gilchrist
5 REPLIES

Re: Copy/Rename/Move Files on S3

Hi,
I know that this is possible with S3 in general. There are methods that exist in python/java that allow you to modify the src_bucket, dest_bucket, and metadata associated with the S3 document. Just doesn't seem to be built into talends components.

You don't want to use tS3Get --> tS3Put to achieve that? What's your requirement? a management component for S3(such tS3BucketXXX )?
So far, we have supported for such S3 components in community version.
tS3BucketCreate
tS3BucketDelete
tS3BucketExist
tS3BucketList
tS3Close
tS3Connection
tS3Delete
tS3Get
tS3List
tS3Put
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I want to move file when file processed. So How can I move files from one folder to another folder in S3 bucket via talend. by using tS3get i need to download into local and then use tput to place another directory and this will be time consuming. and by tS3delete, we can only delete only.
Four Stars

Hi Adam,
if you know the powershel scripting, then you can do it using tSystem component in talend.
Vaibhav
One Star

I want to move file when file processed. So How can I move files from one folder to another folder in S3 bucket via talend. by using tS3get i need to download into local and then use tput to place another directory and this will be time consuming. and by tS3delete, we can only delete only.

adam719, were you able to figure out a solution for this?  I would like to do the same thing.
One Star

Hi Sanvaibha, Please explain me in detail, how to use tsystem & powershell scripting to achieve this functionality?, We don't want to bring the file to local, we want to move the file with in S3 across multiple locations ? Is this possible ? ~ Thanks for your help