Copy/Paste & Projects/Jobs

One Star

Copy/Paste & Projects/Jobs

¤ Copy and paste of Talend component is impossible between two process of Talend which turn, Even the same or different versions.
¤ We can't call a job from another project, consequently we use one project for all our jobs.
Is it possible to add this remarks? :cool:

Thank you in advance .
Employee

Re: Copy/Paste & Projects/Jobs

¤ Copy and paste of Talend component is impossible between two process of Talend which turn, Even the same or different versions.

I think you mean that you run two TOS at the same time, then try to copy paste between each other.
And no, it's only possible to use the copy/paste between the same application. (in another job or in the same job)
If we allow the copy / paste from one application to another one, then we need to migrate the components if needed...
Between two applications, you will need to import / export a job (soon available), until the import / export job is available you will need to use the import / export project.
One Star

Hi nrousseau,
I can import an archived project with import / export project, but when i want use an other job situated in other project i can't import it
with the import / export job because it isnt added after that Smiley Sad
And for this i suggested if it's possible to allow Copy and paste between two TOS instances at the same time.
:rolleyes:

Thanks for your reply, and Good luck
One Star

Other remarks;
When i import an archived project, the routines which i created aren't added for this i use rarely import of projects.
Regards
One Star

When i import my archived projects sometimes i had this bugs,

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.connection.impl.ConnectionImpl cannot be cast to org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.connection.DatabaseConnection
at org.talend.repository.ui.views.RepositoryContentProvider.addNode(RepositoryContentProvider.java:319)
at org.talend.repository.ui.views.RepositoryContentProvider.convert(RepositoryContentProvider.java:285)
at org.talend.repository.ui.views.RepositoryContentProvider.initialize(RepositoryContentProvider.java:207)
at org.talend.repository.ui.views.RepositoryContentProvider.getElements(RepositoryContentProvider.java:93)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.getRawChildren(StructuredViewer.java:927)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.getRawChildren(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1144)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TreeViewer.getRawChildren(TreeViewer.java:768)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.getFilteredChildren(AbstractTreeViewer.java:574)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.getSortedChildren(AbstractTreeViewer.java:543)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer$1.run(AbstractTreeViewer.java:728)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:67)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.createChildren(AbstractTreeViewer.java:705)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TreeViewer.createChildren(TreeViewer.java:892)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer$5.run(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1288)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.preservingSelection(StructuredViewer.java:1323)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.inputChanged(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1277)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.ContentViewer.setInput(ContentViewer.java:250)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.setInput(StructuredViewer.java:1542)
at org.talend.repository.ui.views.RepositoryView.createPartControl(RepositoryView.java:122)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewReference.createPartHelper(ViewReference.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewReference.createPart(ViewReference.java:197)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:566)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.setVisible(PartPane.java:290)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewPane.setVisible(ViewPane.java:525)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.PresentablePart.setVisible(PresentablePart.java:140)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.PresentablePartFolder.select(PresentablePartFolder.java:268)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.LeftToRightTabOrder.select(LeftToRightTabOrder.java:65)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.TabbedStackPresentation.selectPart(TabbedStackPresentation.java:394)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.refreshPresentationSelection(PartStack.java:1144)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.setSelection(PartStack.java:1097)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.showPart(PartStack.java:1311)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.createControl(PartStack.java:601)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.createControl(PartStack.java:532)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartSashContainer.createControl(PartSashContainer.java:562)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PerspectiveHelper.activate(PerspectiveHelper.java:244)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Perspective.onActivate(Perspective.java:815)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.onActivate(WorkbenchPage.java:2436)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow$6.run(WorkbenchWindow.java:2616)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:67)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.setActivePage(WorkbenchWindow.java:2597)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.busyOpenPage(WorkbenchWindow.java:658)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.busyOpenWorkbenchWindow(Workbench.java:795)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.doOpenFirstTimeWindow(Workbench.java:1437)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$10(Workbench.java:1435)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$16.run(Workbench.java:1399)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runStartupWithProgress(Workbench.java:1421)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.openFirstTimeWindow(Workbench.java:1397)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchConfigurer.openFirstTimeWindow(WorkbenchConfigurer.java:190)
at org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor.openWindows(WorkbenchAdvisor.java:708)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.init(Workbench.java:1085)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1847)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:419)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.talend.rcp.intro.Application.run(Application.java:66)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:78)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:92)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:68)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:400)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:177)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:336)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:280)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:977)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:952)

So i can't view Repository :

Regards.
One Star

Is there a way to copy jobs between projects?  Or do I have to export / import everytime?

Hi,
There is a"copy to branch" feature available in Talend Enterprise Subscription Version which is based on SVN remote project.
Please take a look at document about:TalendHelpCenter:How to copy a Job to a branch
With Talend Open Studio Products, you have to export / import between projects.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.