Converting from one currency to another currency

Five Stars

Converting from one currency to another currency

Good Morning ,

i am  new to talend ,i am having an requirement on currency conversion.

Example : if our data in USD and need to convert to indian currency .

how can i deal this ,please guide me 

Fifteen Stars TRF
Fifteen Stars

Re: Converting from one currency to another currency

If you need real time currency rate, you have to call an external web service. You find many on Google. Else you need a table for each currency rates to be applied.

TRF
Fifteen Stars TRF
Fifteen Stars

@Ravivarma, did this help?
If so, thanks to mark your case as solved.
Kudos also accepted.

TRF
Five Stars

I am new to talend ,the process your are explaining i am unable to understand
Employee

Hi Ravi,

@TRF is right and you would require to use REST components of Talend for your requirement.

I believe you are looking for how to join the various components together for your use case. Could you please suggest whether the input flow is a batch file or a real time request since the solution methodology will be different from this point itself. I would suggest you to create a basic framework of your job based on your requirement and current understanding of Talend components. If you are stuck somewhere, please share your current jobs with screenshots of overall job flow and the component screenshots where you are facing issues.

As a starting point, my suggestion would be to go through the Talend basic training videos followed by a quick practice of batch file and REST components related scenarios from Talend Help document. This will automatically give you a fair idea about how to interconnect various components for your use case. If you are still stuck, please feel free to come back to forum and we all are here to help you :-)

In this way, you will easily learn the various components of Talend and how to create jobs in Talend.

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch

Downloads and Trials

Test drive Talend's enterprise products.

Downloads