One Star

Converting MSSql Spatial Input to Shapefile

First time posting, and just getting started with Talend - hoping this error can crack open this tool and we can really put it to work in our organization.
My first task was to connect to my MSSQL database and convert a table to shapefile.
Everything looks ok, but when I run the job, I get the following error text:

Starting job download_fromDenverGIS at 16:34 09/09/2015.
connecting to socket on port 3736
connected
Exception in component sShapefileOutput_1_SO
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.geotools.data.shapefile.ShapefileDataStore.createSchema(ShapefileDataStore.java:963)
    at org.geotools.data.shapefile.ShapefileDataStore.createSchema(ShapefileDataStore.java:113)
    at test_project.download_fromdenvergis_0_1.download_fromDenverGIS.tMSSqlInput_1Process(download_fromDenverGIS.java:886)
    at test_project.download_fromdenvergis_0_1.download_fromDenverGIS.runJobInTOS(download_fromDenverGIS.java:1561)
    at test_project.download_fromdenvergis_0_1.download_fromDenverGIS.main(download_fromDenverGIS.java:1418)
disconnected
Job download_fromDenverGIS ended at 16:34 09/09/2015.

There doesn't appear to be any other libraries or dependencies required to run this job, so I'm not sure what this means.
Any thoughts are appreciated, and if you need me to post any more information from the job, please let me know.
Great tool and hoping we can get it working!
6 REPLIES

Re: Converting MSSql Spatial Input to Shapefile

Hi mbakerDPS,
Could you please show us your current job design screenshots which will help us to diagnose your issue?
Best regards
Sabrina
One Star Fxp
One Star

Hi, What may give you a hint is to switch to the code view tab and check what is happening in line download_fromDenverGIS.java:886
It may provide info if it fails due to a schema problem, a geometry column or a projection issue maybe ?
HTH
Francois
One Star

Hi, What may give you a hint is to switch to the code view tab and check what is happening in line download_fromDenverGIS.java:886
It may provide info if it fails due to a schema problem, a geometry column or a projection issue maybe ?
HTH
Francois

OK I see that -
Does the MSSql input / output support geometry? That might be the issue...
One Star

Side question - does the MSSql Input/Output support geometry?

Hi,
Here is Geometry object DB type in schema setting of tMySqlXXX components.
Best regards
Sabrina
One Star

Looks like that is the MySQL geometry type, which is great - but here is what I see in the MSSQL type - note I can set the 'Type' to geometry, but there is no option under 'DB Type' (see error after screen capture):
Then the error I get is this:

...which is weird because I'm not using postgis in this job...
Thank you!