One Star

Convert Excel file to PDF, HTML, CSV file using tJasperOutput componen

I posted this demo to show you how to convert files to PDF format using Talend and Jaspersoft component:
For this demo I used tJasperOutput component to generate a PDF file. This component uses a jrxml template file that you need to develop it on iReport software (Jaspersoft software).

2) You need to use an Excel file, declare it as data source in the jrxml template (use iReport Software) and design your temple, save the template in a custom folder
2) Use talend components to generate data into an XLS file, you used this file as a datasource in the jrxml template
3) Use tFileInputExcel connect it to a tJasperOutput to generate PDF file.
4) run the job, the PDF file will be created into the destination folder.
See image attached to configure tJasperOutput:
Hope this helps you.
Abelhak.
4 REPLIES
Four Stars

Re: Convert Excel file to PDF, HTML, CSV file using tJasperOutput componen

I think, pre requisite for this is that you need to have iReport installed on your machine...
Vaibhav
Seventeen Stars

@sanviabhav: NO this component carries everything whats needed to run the job. The path to iReport is only a convenient function to open the report from the component.
But the build-in components lacks a lot of functionality:
No parameter support
No data source support
No subreport support
No additional export options
Outdated jasper library
... because of these limitations there is a component in Talend Exchange which solves this and provides more functionality:
tJasperReportExec
http://www.talendforge.org/exchange/index.php?eid=549&product=tos&action=view&nav=1,1,1
Four Stars

Hi Jan,
Thanks for correcting, earlier I wanted to create a report using this component and I was not having iReport installed on my machine, so job did not execute and I stopped working due to some other work. This is the reason I quoted.
Regarding the component which is in TE, looks great...
Thanks
Vaibhav
One Star

I tried to implement this tJO feature while working with JasperReports, but for some reason, I didn't see this demo and failed at sorting things out by myself. I needed a feature to convert those reports of mine to PDF and then sending them to the server, but the only thing I considered as a solution was to convert them manually with the tool like this one https://www.altorotatepdf.com/ as well as to rotate and other things. But yet, to do so via the environment only is the point I would rather to use