One Star

Convert Columns to Rows using tUnpivotRow

I need to covert the column to rows from excel file. For which i have downloaded tUnpivotRow component and added in TOS preferences. But i couldnt see that component in Talend palette. Is there way to convert the columns to rows is possible. I m using Talend Version: 5.3.0. Need help.
Thanks
4 REPLIES

Re: Convert Columns to Rows using tUnpivotRow

Hi,
Did you follow the steps mentioned in TalendHelpCenter:Installing a custom component to install the custom tUnpivotRow component?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Yes. Follwed the same steps. Donwloaded the zip file and extracted the files into a folder and given that path in user component folder. Do i have to follow any naming convention for the folder name which is assigned to user component folder?

Hi,
Do i have to follow any naming convention for the folder name which is assigned to user component folder?

Did you change the name of it? You'd better follow the naming convention for the folder name which is assigned to user component folder. No any change in it.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star gm
One Star

Hello Talend Team!
I have been trying to find a way to convert column headers in the input to different column headers at the output. For example:
I have 
Source:                                               Target
Col001 Col002 Col003...                        Transaction_Code      Customer_Name     Customer_Last_Name
Value1  Value2  Value3...                           Value1                     Value2                        Value3
The source is a table. The target is a file. The target headers are in an table with their corresponding original column numbers in rows:
1   col001    Transaction_Code
2   col002     Customer_Name
3   col003     Customer_Last_Name
Any advice on how to tackle this problem is welcomed.