Continuous Integration with Talend CI Builder 6.3

Four Stars

Continuous Integration with Talend CI Builder 6.3

Hello ,

I am implementing continuous integration for talend project with COMMANDLINE , CI Builder ,Git .Maven and Jenkins.

But how ever I am getting errors like "could not able to read pom " and sometimes Nullpointexception .Getting different errors when I am troubleshooting the issue.

Failed to execute goal org.talend:ci.builder:6.3.1:generate (default-cli) on project INT_SALES_CHURN: Fail to execute command: BuildProjectSourcesCommand buildProjectSources: Have exceptions when execute the command: BuildProjectSourcesCommand buildProjectSources: java.lang.RuntimeException: org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Could not read pom.xml
[ERROR] at org.talend.commandline.command.ExtensionCommandSwitch.caseExtensionServerCommand(ExtensionCommandSwitch.java:201) [ERROR] at org.talend.commandline.client.command.extension.AbstractExtensionCommandSwitch.doSwitch(AbstractExtensionCommandSwitch.java:31) [ERROR] at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandProcessorSwitch.caseExtensionCommand(CommandProcessorSwitch.java:161) [ERROR] at org.talend.commandline.client.util.CommandAbstractSwitch.doSwitch(CommandAbstractSwitch.java:70) [ERROR] at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.executeCommand(CommandConsumer.java:57) [ERROR] at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.execute(CommandConsumer.java:35) [ERROR] at org.talend.commandline.mode.ServerCommandLine$CommmandConsumerRunnable.run(ServerCommandLine.java:139) [ERROR] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [ERROR] Caused by: org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Could not read pom.xml [ERROR] at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.embedder.MavenImpl.readModel(MavenImpl.java:572) [ERROR] at org.eclipse.m2e.core.embedder.MavenModelManager.readMavenModel(MavenModelManager.java:99) [ERROR] at org.talend.designer.maven.tools.ProjectPomManager.update(ProjectPomManager.java:88) [ERROR] at org.talend.designer.maven.tools.MavenPomSynchronizer.updateCodesPomWithProject(MavenPomSynchronizer.java:271) [ERROR] at org.talend.designer.maven.tools.MavenPomSynchronizer.cleanMavenFiles(MavenPomSynchronizer.java:203) [ERROR] at org.talend.designer.runprocess.java.TalendProcessJavaProject.cleanMavenFiles(TalendProcessJavaProject.java:360) [ERROR] at org.talend.commandline.command.execute.BuildProjectSourcesExecuteCommand.execute(BuildProjectSourcesExecuteCommand.java:108) [ERROR] at org.talend.commandline.command.ExtensionCommandSwitch.caseExtensionServerCommand(ExtensionCommandSwitch.java:199) [ERROR] ... 7 more [ERROR] Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/Talend-6.3.1/cmdline/studio/commandline-workspace/.Java/pom.xml (No such file or directory) [ERROR] at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method) [ERROR] at java.io.FileInputStream.open(FileInputStream.java:195) [ERROR] at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:138) [ERROR] at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.embedder.MavenImpl.readModel(MavenImpl.java:565) [ERROR] ... 14 more

Please help me where am doing wrong with below configuration .

Configuration:

Jenkins Job : Maven project

SCM : I used git repo here

Root POM : path of pom xml file

goals : org.talend:ci.builder:6.3.1:generate -X

Maven _opts : -

Dcommandline.workspace=/opt/Talend-6.3.1/cmdline/studio/commandline-workspace
-Dcommandline.host=localhost
-Dcommandline.port=8002
-DprojectsTargetDirectory=/var/lib/jenkins/workspace/Runtests/projectsources

Custom work space : gave above workspace path

Settings file : Selected settings file system

Path : Give maven user settings path which was present in cmdline path (/opt/Talend-6.3.1/cmdline/studio/configuration/maven_user_settings.xml

Re: Continuous Integration with Talend CI Builder 6.3

Hello,

Could you please let us know if this article about:https://community.talend.com/t5/Architecture-Best-Practices-and/Continuous-Integration-with-CodePipe... is helpful for you?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Re: Continuous Integration with Talend CI Builder 6.3

HI Sabrina , 

No the above solution not helped me .

I have resolved some issues , final error am getting is below .Please help me at your earliest.

Failed to execute goal org.talend:ci.builder:6.3.1:generate (default-cli) on project buildsources: Execution default-cli of goal org.talend:ci.builder:6.3.1:generate failed. NullPointerException -> [Help 1]

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

6 Ways to Start Utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Look at6 ways to start utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Blog

Why Companies Move to the Cloud: 7 Success Stories

Learn how and why companies are moving to the Cloud

Read Now

Agile Data lakes & Analytics

Accelerate your data lake projects with an agile approach

Watch